'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Ah, the never ending debate,time for my two cents.For everyone who believes in the ratings as the end all, please explain the two stars and under who gets drafted every year. I get excited when we get a commit, as I've said multiple times I could care less what a desk jockey who by the way is influenced by the money spent at their camps give them. This is the first staff in I don't even know how long that I totally believe in their evaluations as well as their ability to develop the players.Over the years we have had a fair amount of players that were highly ranked turn out to be far less than we expected as well as some lowly ranked guys turn out to be far better than their ranking, the ONLY thing that's important is if our coaches can recognize a player that will fit into the system as well as their ability to develop them in our system.We have that now so please for the love of god stop all the whining when we take a three star. You would think with the dry spell we just came off of we would be happy with finally having a coaching staff with the potential to get us to the promised land. If nothing else try and let the rest of us enjoy the day with the commits and coaches.GBO

Would Cam Seldon be a 3 or 4 star if he had signed with Bama or Georgia? I rest my case.

You make it sound like players don’t get their fifth stars until they get the big time offers. While that’s true some of the time, it’s not all the time. A lot of the guys Smart and Saban offer are already high 4 and 5* guys.

You make it sound like players don’t get their fifth stars until they get the big time offers. While that’s true some of the time, it’s not all the time. A lot of the guys Smart and Saban offer are already high 4 and 5* guys.
Most of these kids are identified by interest... not necessarily offers. The "insiders" know exactly who Saban, Smart, et al want and usually by the end of their Sophomore year.

As long as Heupel gets back to back top 10 classes as well as recruits positions of need well then Tennessee should be alright until this NCAA mess blows over…. After all that bs with the ncaa sanctions and multiple 10+ win seasons NY6 bowl appearances/wins then I think it’s fair to expect more elite top notch classes.
It is very encouraging Tennessee landed a top 10 for 2023… something that wasn’t looking like it would happen based off the 21’ and 22’ classes. That alone should bring some encouragement. Got to reel in the expectations though right now and add some context to the situation

As long as Heupel gets back to back top 10 classes as well as recruits positions of need well then Tennessee should be alright until this NCAA mess blows over…. After all that bs with the ncaa sanctions and multiple 10+ win seasons NY6 bowl appearances/wins then I think it’s fair to expect more elite top notch classes.
It is very encouraging Tennessee landed a top 10 for 2023… something that wasn’t looking like it would happen based off the 21’ and 22’ classes. That alone should bring some encouragement. Got to reel in the expectations though right now and add some context to the situation
As long as the floor remains 9-3 (which is really what we would’ve been in year 1 had that horrible spot against Pitt not happened and that fumble we returned for a TD against Ole Miss not been “blown dead” somehow after the fact) I don’t see us finishing outside of the top 10 in recruiting going forward with this staff. In fact I think if we put together another 10+ win regular season we finish with a top 5-7 class this year and even transfers start taking notice. That’s what sets the table for next season and 2025 for us to really make a run at a national championship

If we land all of those guys then Garner should be the highest paid assistant coach without question
Eckler has had a big hand in these recruitments as well. I think the two contrasting personalities but both being honest, transparent, and relentless on the trail allows you to close at a higher percentage.

Last edited:
So you’re concerned that one of the top high school football players in the nation is going to let his decision be swayed by a female high school AD? Get a grip!

Not sure what the gender of the athletic director has to do with anything, but interesting counterpoint. And I’m not worried. But it is an interesting coincidence that Pruitts executive assistant at UT is now this kids athletic director. As I said, hopefully she has no hard feelings about her time at UT!

Not sure what the gender of the athletic director has to do with anything, but interesting counterpoint. And I’m not worried. But it is an interesting coincidence that Pruitts executive assistant at UT is now this kids athletic director. As I said, hopefully she has no hard feelings about her time at UT!
“Hopefully” his family makes their own decisions.

Reactions: Orange.
Sorry it's just my opinion. I do not do the recruiting services it's a bunch of blah blah blah at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
Well I just waded through a bunch of ******** that had nothing to do with his recruitment so you better be wrong.
What My opinion or anyone else do not matter right now. When the recruits start taking their official visits then you get a better feel. Coach Garner vs CWM going at it. It's going to be a Battle

VN Store

Back