Any tea leaf readers want to venture a guess on what happens next.

Vfl2407

For those closely watching the NCAA meetings, photos, and comments, please weigh in on what you think the Committee will decide.

Ok, Ill have a go. Im going to say in addition to schollies already lost, we sacrifice 3 per year for the next 3 years, a large fine, no bowl ban and Pruitt gets a 5 year show-cause dated back to date of firing from UT. And behind the scenes, we pay a reduced buy-out to Coach Beldar as part of a pre-arranged agreement to make this just go away. We will likely never know about the buy-out but the above scenario allows everyone to save some face. I have zero behind the scenes info but this could be plausible.

Just a guess. No knowledge of anything. I say scholly reductions for a year or two and a huge fine. No bowl ban.

Brent Hubbs, Rob Lewis, McElroy, and other analysts around the country say a bowl ban will not occur since the NC2A doesn’t want to penalize the the players since the violations usually occurred three to four years ago.

There needs to be some type of governing body, but the NC2A is a joke with incompetent leadership who wastes millions of dollars.

How many scholarships are we given for each recruiting class? I thought it was 25 but the transfer portal has created a mess

Ok, Ill have a go. Im going to say in addition to schollies already lost, we sacrifice 3 per year for the next 3 years, a large fine, no bowl ban and Pruitt gets a 5 year show-cause dated back to date of firing from UT. And behind the scenes, we pay a reduced buy-out to Coach Beldar as part of a pre-arranged agreement to make this just go away. We will likely never know about the buy-out but the above scenario allows everyone to save some face. I have zero behind the scenes info but this could be plausible.
I suspect the behind the scenes buyout may have already happened since his attorney made some humongous threats and shortly after that everything went quiet. Do not know if UT was involved but something happened to shut him up.

Well thought out and entirely plausible.

Brent Hubbs, Rob Lewis, McElroy, and other analysts around the country say a bowl ban will not occur since the NC2A doesn’t want to penalize the the players since the violations usually occurred three to four years ago.

There needs to be some type of governing body, but the NC2A is a joke with incompetent leadership who wastes millions of dollars.
NC2A??

Why??

I suspect the behind the scenes buyout may have already happened since his attorney made some humongous threats and shortly after that everything went quiet. Do not know if UT was involved but something happened to shut him up.
Program probably wasn’t involved if he was paid something. Could totally see some boosters paying him to keep quiet though

For those closely watching the NCAA meetings, photos, and comments, please weigh in on what you think the Committee will decide.

I don’t qualify to post because I ain’t closely watching this. Don’t really care what happens to Pruitt because it’s out of our control. I’ll care a lot, though, and loudly curse the NCAA in the halls of the nursing home here if he somehow gets a slap on the wrist and no show-cause penalty.

If these bozos return with ANY penalty against UT for this mess, I’ll encourage Donde, et al to tell the NCAA to stuff it, ignore them and then sue them into oblivion, no matter the cost. Do not settle, Donde. Period. Fight these incompetent swine til the end. The reputation of our university, our athletic program, our brand…it’s all on the line here. And we did everything right from the moment we learned of the stink. This means something.

Does anybody honestly believe that Pruitt was anywhere near being 100% all in at Tennessee?
As I reflect, I would say he was 50% to 65% committed to Tennessee.
Never fully committed and appears to me he was looking ahead to his next job as well as the door at UTK.
I think as we all know now he was in over his head with zero HC experience.
He was the last of 4 straight bad hires. (Kiffin was a bad hire because of the Contract) bottom line jury is still out on the LK>

Last edited:
I think they have to come down hard on the offenders, and that does not include the present staff or players! They will punish the ones who were/are guilty!

Institutional control? How can compliance personnel police out of control egomania multi millionaires! Lack of control stems from the hiring process and we truly have paid our dues for those errors!

Pruitt's intention when he coached here was to be the greatest college football coach of all time. He wanted to build a program that could compete, then defeat Saban's Dynasty at BAMA, and replace it.

It was something he and his staff attempted on the up and up. They were not up to the task, so he tried Plan B, which was cheat to make it happen. It worked, talent came in, but then they couldn't coach up the talent or outcoach the competition on gameday. The whole operation, and thus the football program, fell apart.

He didn't fail on purpose. That is just stupid talk.
He just wasn't a good enough head coach to be good here.
The idea that he destroyed our football program as a BAMA loyalist is just the dumbest idea ever.
He was a terrible head coach, not a suicide bomber.

Heupel is everything Pruitt could not be. So there is the compare and contrast.

I also support any deal UT Athletics made with Pruitt to keep him from talking. No matter what the truth about the cheating is, it could never be a positive for UT. Pruitt is never going to paint himself as a rogue agent. Anything he said would make it sound like a coordinated effort from the Athletic Director to the grad assistants.

Institutional control? How can compliance personnel police out of control egomania multi millionaires! Lack of control stems from the hiring process and we truly have paid our dues for those errors!

Since Pruitt used his wife as the payee seems to me it would be hard to hold the university for lack of control over someone they had no control over. They may could say it was the same as a booster but IMO she was not involved with the university like a booster would be. And she worked as an NCAA compliance person at FL. State so she was well aware what she was doing was wrong.

VN Store

Back