'24 GA DL Jeremias Heard (Tennessee commit)

He's new to football, but he's an elite athlete. You start talking about walking on and he'll walk right on to visits with other schools. If Coach Garner thinks he's worth taking his commit, then you roll the dice. Recruiting is about projection sometimes. Also, none of us know how many DLINE recruits they plan on taking this year. We also haven't seen what kind of Senior season he might have. To many factors to be asking an athlete of this caliber to walk on this early.
If Garner wants him, then take him in a heartbeat. He has the size and athletic ability of another Julius Peppers. I could be happy with that.

He's new to football, but he's an elite athlete. You start talking about walking on and he'll walk right on to visits with other schools. If Coach Garner thinks he's worth taking his commit, then you roll the dice. Recruiting is about projection sometimes. Also, none of us know how many DLINE recruits they plan on taking this year. We also haven't seen what kind of Senior season he might have. To many factors to be asking an athlete of this caliber to walk on this early.
Sorry but he’s not on their wish list and may take a spot they want for someone else.

I know because I used to do this very thing! Finally stopped because it’s so frustrating. Then after all that frustration, the one that got you so upset ends up being a really good player for us. So glad I didn’t spend time worrying about Bishop last year.

Nice post.

It's easy to look at star ratings as a yearly breakdown of recruiting quality. That kind of breeds a short-sighted approach. If we can get someone who's raw but elite talent/size, and they could be an absolute star 2-3 years out, that's a huge win.

Agreed. And if it’s true others want him to visit but he only wants to hang out with us, then it sounds like he would be receptive to being a walk on, with a nil deal to pay his tuition.

This young man has been playing football since July. So he’s as raw as can be. Meanwhile, like you said, we’re deep in it with a number of stud DL who could be immediate or year two contributors.

Screams Trinity Bell imo

Reactions: EdEcEko77
A little over the top. Julius peppers? Hope so if he signs with ut.
I'm not throwing down any guarantees, but they have similar builds and athletic ability. Julius played basketball at Carolina through his junior season. He dropped basketball his senior season since he knew his future was in professional football.

Agreed. And if it’s true others want him to visit but he only wants to hang out with us, then it sounds like he would be receptive to being a walk on, with a nil deal to pay his tuition.

This young man has been playing football since July. So he’s as raw as can be. Meanwhile, like you said, we’re deep in it with a number of stud DL who could be immediate or year two contributors.
Eric Berry gonna pay his tuition?

A little over the top. Julius peppers? Hope so if he signs with ut.

So are you ASSuming that he does not have Pepper's like athletic ability at his peak? Too many statements and not enough questions about guys on the periphery that our staff engages with. If the staff is good with his risk/reward compared to other guys regardless of star level why shovel that stuff out here for public consumption, especially the part of the public he lives in and around on a daily basis? Is it really reaching this far in front of first signing day? Staying out in front till the staff makes a hard decision on if or what to offer can only be a good thing.

Reactions: bigl3327
If Garner wants him, then take him in a heartbeat. He has the size and athletic ability of another Julius Peppers. I could be happy with that.
I am an old , old guy who watched Doug Atkins play at Tennessee and in NFL ...best football player wo ever lived. Size-wise ,he reminds me of doug .Now if can play even 50% like Doug we should sign him.

Sounds like he’s going to be a Vol relatively soon, per AP and Matt Ray on the mini recruiting pod.

Sounds like June is going to be very important month. Lots of official visits will be made in June, and many decisions are going to be made. Not all of them will be announced immediately, but I’m expecting the staff to put together a major orange carpet day, or something similar.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Matt Ray said he thought he would get looked at as a DL first. But that was probably just speculation.
Sometimes guys that tall have leverage issues on the DL. Sometimes on the OL too, but with his basketball background and I’m assuming nimble feet I would be surprised if he didn’t get a look at OT, where really tall guys are becoming more of the norm.

Several schools are pushing Jeremias Heard to slow his process down and allow them to evaluate him this spring and summer, but it feels more and more like he wants to push toward a decision that could come at any time so that he can focus on improving his craft going into his second year of football. Tennessee continues to pace the way here as he feels a strong sense of loyalty to the staff because of their early belief in him.
-VQ

Talk about huge upside. Prototypical OT in NFL athletic great bend feet and length just needs coaching very Raw but what a upside. After he commits here GA AL will offer eventually because you can't coach His Physical gifts. He will look great in Orange and White and in 4 years his name will be called in 1st round of NFL draft. In CHRIST Alone

Talk about huge upside. Prototypical OT in NFL athletic great bend feet and length just needs coaching very Raw but what a upside. After he commits here GA AL will offer eventually because you can't coach His Physical gifts. He will look great in Orange and White and in 4 years his name will be called in 1st round of NFL draft. In CHRIST Alone
And in the meantime, there will be a major meltdown in here. 😞

VN Store

Back