Harper contact extension

Are those coaches also failing to sign and keep high school talent? My problem with KJH isn't how the team she currently has is doing. It's where is our future going to come from. I don't think you can continue to rely on the portal and striking out with high school recruits.
I guess Dawn didn't lose her #2 overall recruit (Rivers), Tara didn't lose her #1 overall recruit, many on this board don't want the ones she (Kellie) brings in and then when they leave they still complain

When we offered Justine the sentiments of many on this board, was questioning who she was and complaining we could do better and then she shot up the recruiting ranks and now she is the next best player at UT.

Have any of you stopped and think that this generation of kids read these boards and look up the history and say you know what It's too many expectations to live up to to play there. The moment folk saw Rennia Davis commit she starting getting the comparisons to Holdsclaw.

Let's stop living off of Past history and judge Kellie for what she has accomplished in this time while at UT. She is an 88-39 (69%) record in her time at UT and is 48-18 (71%) in the SEC with two Sweet 16 appearances in her 4 years as the head coach of the Lady Vols. Who else has a better record on the job in their first 4 seasons at a program and has done it with bad recruits as many of you have stated

But but….our offense was the best it’s been in years! 😩🙄
And this team could muster offensive fireworks with some gifted offensive players that we had, but it’s occurrence seemed to be linked more to astrology than coaching facilitation. It was too inconsistent—too disappearing.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Its seems that the AD thinks Kellie is doing a great job with the LadyVols. Apparently, he cares nothing about the prestige of the past teams, and what is occurring now with the programs recruiting is good enough for him. He is a football guy, and that's what he really cares about, not to mention he would have to fork over more dollars for a really good WBB coach. I would be scared if she retains all the assistants she has now, which means nothing is going to get better in the near future. Sorry.

You don't know what a football is
Take your sh*t elsewhere

Reactions: mudcat1973
Extending KJH makes me wonder if Danny White just doesn't care if the Lady Vols return to where Pat had us. Maybe mediocre is good enough for him?
In What universe do you think that is even possible? The very best teams with stacked rosters of all-Americans can't do it nowadays. It took Pat years; 11 to be exact to get her first title. Yes she had a good run in the 90's, but managed only 2 from 2000-2012. The best coaches in the game right now; Geno Auriemma, Tara Vanderbeer & Kim Mulkey have 18 titles between them and two of them who Both had a Bunch of All-Americans on their roster didn't even make it to the final four this year. 1 team gets to win a national championship and in all likely hood nowadays that team will not repeat the following year. There are too many good players and good teams out there.

I guess Dawn didn't lose her #2 overall recruit (Rivers), Tara didn't lose her #1 overall recruit, many on this board don't want the ones she (Kellie) brings in and then when they leave they still complain

When we offered Justine the sentiments of many on this board, was questioning who she was and complaining we could do better and then she shot up the recruiting ranks and now she is the next best player at UT.

Have any of you stopped and think that this generation of kids read these boards and look up the history and say you know what It's too many expectations to live up to to play there. The moment folk saw Rennia Davis commit she starting getting the comparisons to Holdsclaw.

Let's stop living off of Past history and judge Kellie for what she has accomplished in this time while at UT. She is an 88-39 (69%) record in her time at UT and is 48-18 (71%) in the SEC with two Sweet 16 appearances in her 4 years as the head coach of the Lady Vols. Who else has a better record on the job in their first 4 seasons at a program and has done it with bad recruits as many of you have stated
Kids aren't swayed by message boards. That's a myth.

Did those coaches fail to sign a single recruit in a class and then turnaround and lose their entire class from the year before? Where is our future coming from?

I get the desire to want to see KJH succeed. I want every Lady Vol, both past and present, to succeed. But you can't fail so miserably at recruiting. This is reality. Recruiting is the life blood of the program.

Reactions: tbwhhs and olddog
In What universe do you think that is even possible? The very best teams with stacked rosters of all-Americans can't do it nowadays. It took Pat years; 11 to be exact to get her first title. Yes she had a good run in the 90's, but managed only 2 from 2000-2012. The best coaches in the game right now; Geno Auriemma, Tara Vanderbeer & Kim Mulkey have 18 titles between them and two of them who Both had a Bunch of All-Americans on their roster didn't even make it to the final four this year. 1 team gets to win a national championship and in all likely hood nowadays that team will not repeat the following year. There are too many good players and good teams out there.
Again, zero high school recruits in this class. Last year's class gone. Where are we going as a program? It certainly doesn't appear to be forward.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Again, zero high school recruits in this class. Last year's class gone. Where are we going as a program? It certainly doesn't appear to be forward.
The transfer portal is here to stay and until these covid grad transfers are gone, we are going to see disgruntled freshman leaving programs cause they aren't getting the playing time they think they should get. This current junior class has two more years of eligibility due to the covid year. Kellie is starting to get commits, but like Justine, half of the top 30 ranked freshman in last years class didn't see a lot of playing time AKA the number 1 player in the class because of returners. The high school recruiting will pick up, but how many freshman do you think can compete with proven senior and graduate players around the country? Even a lot of the mid major transfers are going to be more valuable to a program than a freshman at this stage of the game.

Kids aren't swayed by message boards. That's a myth.

Did those coaches fail to sign a single recruit in a class and then turnaround and lose their entire class from the year before? Where is our future coming from?

I get the desire to want to see KJH succeed. I want every Lady Vol, both past and present, to succeed. But you can't fail so miserably at recruiting. This is reality. Recruiting is the life blood of the program.
Unless you are in these kids homes, or are on their devices you don't know what they are swayed by! You don't have to believe it but this fan base has run off several high recruits. Many of which their parents wasn't having it and refused to allow them to come here. From the talks of TK's eyelashes, to the way they wear (roll up) their shorts, to the talks of them supporting BLM or other things that they felt were worthy causes that this fan base wished they just shut up and dribble

She still has a player from that class but according to many around her that player needs to go and she is only here because of her sister and she is taken up a spot even though she is a walk-on. There will be several from the 2022 who have started entering the portal and after next season there will be several 2023's entering as well. Just keep a spot open in case a Lauren Betts enter the portal as the #1 recruit.

Reactions: Bret178
Connecticut hasn't seen an NCAA title since 2016. Complacency maybe. Not enough attention to detail to get over that hump. Maybe a new more energetic coach is needed? Who knows.......
Everyone should be okay with the extension it is what it is, but just outside looking in should we really bring up the last time a NCaA title was won kind a opening up for a fight you can't win right now.

I can agree with that. I'm frustrated at the h.s. recruiting deficits, too.

History alone won't get recruits, but the first-class facilities and national fan base should be a big factor (the latter, admittedly, is fading each year).
I want the H.S recruits as well but I want the elite prospects, I don’t want to settle for just anyone.

Reactions: Deebowbear
People choose to be blind.

nothing-to-see-here.gif

VN Store

Back