Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a total of over $3 billion in charitable contributions as of 2020, more than all other professional sports combined.
Like I said, better than nothing, but they would have reigned in upwards of $20bb to net that $3bb based on current "actual donation" rate. But that's a total since 1968, who knows the total revenue during those 45 years.

Executives earning millions. Tax breaks of $60mm+ a year.

Others would have churned out $12-$18bb back to the actual causes.

"Charity"

Last edited:
Like I said, better than nothing, but they would have reigned in upwards of $20bb to net that $3bb. Executives earning millions.

Others would have churned out $12-$18bb back to the actual causes.

"Charity"
You're being ridiculous. People don't go to PGA tour events with the expectation that 100% of their money is going to charity. There are expenses associated with running a golf tournament. People are going to the event to watch the golf tournament.

You're being ridiculous. People don't go to PGA tour events with the expectation that 100% of their money is going to charity. There are expenses associated with running a golf tournament. People are going to the event to watch the golf tournament.
Which is why I said I don't even expect it to be as such.

But the discussion was making them as though being a NP, while lowballing over their own players, was somehow from a great source of benevolence.

The point is upholding it as some great charity is crazy. As far as good charities go, it ain't it. That's all. I don't expect them to be. Doesn't excuse their shiz as SS pointed out, they've been fed a dose of their own medicine. Maybe they will grow from this.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I
I've tried to watch LIV twice and made it about 5 minutes each time. Not sure if I'm just older than I feel, but can't do it. It feels like they're trying to cash in on F1 popularity. Take two of the least similar things and shove them together. A golf event with F1 weekend atmosphere.

Golf, but louder.
Soccer, but exciting.
Hockey, but civilized.
Nascar, but refined.
Tennis, that's popular.
Baseball, quickly.

I’m older and I like it. Love the shotgun start. The broadcast is great. The team aspect adds some accountability for those not in contention to win.

The only part I don’t like is that you can hear the loud music playing in the background.

I completely realize it’s April. But how in the world does SC have a higher per average recruit than we do?
Well… I’d look at who’s in the running for the top flight recruits remaining (Vols). SC is recruiting well and there isn’t much difference between the two classes that both sit currently under 10 total commitments

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Can’t wait to see Nico and Joe in action this Saturday. One of the more anticipated spring games in awhile for Tennessee

Jalen Smith isn't a name I've seen talked about much here. I looked at his highlights recently and think he could be an excellent pickup for you guys. ILB isn't a position that generally shows out as a freshman, but he has good instincts, quickness, and isn't afraid of contact. I predict he's a name to watch.

Absolutely no defense for the Saudi money imo. They can **** right off, especially with 9/11 in mind. Pure blood money and corruption.

Not defending it. Just pointing out that McGill has had very little positive to say about EVs, even though they ultimately reduce the Saudi income stream.

Reactions: Wadetime
We really need to make some drastic cuts to some of our fan base. Some of them suck bad and need to go cheer for Andy where their perpetual negative attitudes will be welcomed with open arms and celebrated as bringing a new fresh perspective to their enormous pile of suckitude.
YOU LEAVE @Ulysees E. McGill ALONE!!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back