Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too.

I know Jim Nagy from Senior Bowl and ex NFL scout was super high on him when he saw he committed to us. Said he was a future NFL TE.
Oh! Didn't know that.

I do remember people quoting something about him projecting as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

It's been really weird how there's such a dearth of hype for him. The radio shows and stuff like volquest have zero expectations for him, hardly mention him and they just talk about "boy how are they gonna replace Princeton Fant!" Like that's some type of impossible task.

It takes like 30 seconds of film on Castles to tell he's going to be better. I mean all he has to do is be able to catch. Who cares if he can't play H back.

And what’s crazy is there’s parts of this offense we haven’t even seen

Haven’t seen much out of the tight ends in the true pass game or the RB pass game. Personnel is changing though so I think we will esp with teams seeing us multiple times now. Ethan Davis will eventually change all that and maybe the transfer. Dominating the middle of the field with them would take this thing up a few notches.
Then we can have the greatest gimmick offense ever!!

Reactions: Devo182
Gimmick offense to me just means that it doesn’t translate well to the NFL which is true…. It’s a great college offense though.
The term is being used in a negative way to convince people that the offense is not “real football” like real men play. Another thing I keep seeing on Twitter is the WRs are not good because they are wide open. So in real football you obviously have a wrestling match at each position and hope you’re lucky enough to get ten yards in three attempts. You might even get a couple TDs in some games. Sounds like Pruitt ball. I like this gimmick a lot better.

The term is being used in a negative way to convince people that the offense is not “real football” like real men play. Another thing I keep seeing on Twitter is the WRs are not good because they are wide open. So in real football you obviously have a wrestling match at each position and hope you’re lucky enough to get ten yards in three attempts. You might even get a couple TDs in some games. Sounds like Pruitt ball. I like this gimmick a lot better.
It’s going to keep being used until our guys are successful in the NFL….. the QBs have mainly pre-snap reads and rarely have to fit the ball into tight windows…. The wrs have limited route trees and are a lot of times open bc the system confuses and has the defense so spread out….. our running game is not a typical run game either….. These things make for an amazing college offense but the narrative won’t change until Hooker, Tillman, Hyatt, Milton or guys in the future prove that they are NFL studs…. This narrative has been around since Briles ran this offense at Baylor.

It’s going to keep being used until our guys are successful in the NFL….. the QBs have mainly pre-snap reads and rarely have to fit the ball into tight windows…. The wrs have limited route trees and are a lot of times open bc the system confuses and has the defense so spread out….. our running game is not a typical run game either….. These things make for an amazing college offense but the narrative won’t change until Hooker, Tillman, Hyatt, Milton or guys in the future prove that they are NFL studs…. This narrative has been around since Briles ran this offense at Baylor.
I agree with you as well… it’ll definitely be used. Osborne and Meyer most notably dealt with similar rhetoric about their offenses. Different systems but both not really used at the pro level. Same with Heupel’s. We’ll see what happens

In his defense, he was a true freshman, making his 1st official start, I believe.
He actually went 20-24 for 279 yards against UNC right before they played us, so second official. Though we were still his first start against a defense with a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back