Vols Spring Practice #2

It's crazy to think about what we will be able to do with more depth. Last year was amazing, and not to discredit our guys, but our depth was paper thin, especially defensively. To have actual options and competition is huge. We have a full crew of dudes out there competing this spring, which I think is undervalued by more casual fans.

Sure, the individuals and high caliber recruits are great, but I just can't get over the fact that we no longer have to resort to open tryouts or a craigslist ad to just get people to fill positions. Our cupboard is becoming full again, with quality athletes, and we have coaches that can develop players. God, I am sweating just thinking about it. lol

It's crazy to think about what we will be able to do with more depth. Last year was amazing, and not to discredit our guys, but our depth was paper thin, especially defensively. To have actual options and competition is huge. We have a full crew of dudes out there competing this spring, which I think is undervalued by more casual fans.

Sure, the individuals and high caliber recruits are great, but I just can't get over the fact that we no longer have to resort to open tryouts or a craigslist ad to just get people to fill positions. Our cupboard is becoming full again, with quality athletes, and we have coaches that can develop players. God, I am sweating just thinking about it. lol
More depth, and it makes me happy to see some mid state players getting attention..the Herring brothers from Riverdale, Carter from Smyrna… we have had a lot of brothers on the team lol (the Mayes, the Shulers, the Clausens, the Herrings) lol

Last edited:
Hadn't seen anyone else mention the significance of Carter's pick.

Yes. I know that a practice isn't a game and that QB's take more risks in practice to push themselves than games. But in his 2nd real practice with UT he picked off Milton who hasn't thrown a pick in his time at UT. He's thrown 5 in his entire career. Milton is a guy who has a long history of taking care of the ball.

I wish we could see it because that had to have been a whale of a play.

Beasley is one starter. Pili was running day 1 with the 1st team. It would be hard to displace either. But he might be the top reserve.
Beasley killed cats.. he should be playing lol

I agree. Pili got it locked up

Both are Sr tho

Last edited:
Herring said that he had put on 20 lbs since arriving and was going to get to 240 by fall. Must be doing it right because he still looks lean and said he felt more explosive.
I was expecting a season similar to Josephs freshman year, but he might be a little ahead of where he was freshman year.

I think Elijah Herring has a really good shot... He played a solid amount for a true freshman last year and looked solid. Made some really good plays in the LSU game

Amen! They know how to do it right and that by itself advances the culture. What was attempted but failed in execution by Mitchell.
Mitchell entered the portal - did he find a new home or is he still in the portal?

VN Store

Back