The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

That was incredible. Santi would’ve pumpfaked, turned his back to the defender, hoisted up a three that gets blocked as time expires.

Santi is more Kerr than Curry, but he’s never had a Jordan or Kobe type to play with.

Still you can’t argue with his production in his time here. Sadly I think his offensive game was limited by Barnes’ system a bit. I don’t think he really works on guys driving or breaking down guys one on one. You either have that when you get here or ya don’t.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
It’s going to be a very interesting off-season. This roster needs a makeover. We need to find some juice shooting the ball. I don’t know where it comes from on the roster as it currently stands. You can’t stake your dancing shoes on defense alone. Shot making has to happen. Just look at Gonzaga and Kansas State, shot after clutch shot.

Infuriating that this happens in the S16. Honestly don’t know how you fix it. Not saying anyone needs to go or anything brash, but this starts at the top when it becomes a theme through the season. More than that: who the hell needs to be motived to get locked in to play the SWEET EFFING SIXTEEN. This team just keeps getting weirder.

Sorry, gotta rant. This is going to bother me for a while.

I get most frustrated because there's the "FAHR BARNES" side and then there's the side that acts like we should be happy with a Sweet 16. And I'm neither of those. We never seem to be the team that gets it. It's a chaos year and had a path to take advantage of the chaos and nope.....didn't happen. In years past we've had great teams and nope....either victim to the chaos or we just lose to a team that may have been better than day. So seems like S16 is about the ceiling of our program no matter what. Until proven otherwise I don't think I'll ever see us in a Final Four. As Rucker said if not now WHEN? Why can we not put together a solid March run? Why did we look almost completely different than 5 days ago? Why could we all see that slow trainwreck coming?

Infuriating that this happens in the S16. Honestly don’t know how you fix it. Not saying anyone needs to go or anything brash, but this starts at the top when it becomes a theme through the season. More than that: who the hell needs to be motived to get locked in to play the SWEET EFFING SIXTEEN. This team just keeps getting weirder.

I hope Barnes is pointing the finger at himself in addition to his players.

It’s going to be a very interesting off-season. This roster needs a makeover. We need to find some juice shooting the ball. I don’t know where it comes from on the roster as it currently stands. You can’t stake your dancing shoes on defense alone. Shot making has to happen. Just look at Gonzaga and Kansas State, shot after clutch shot.

Gitshirt Uros, get Phillips in the gym as much as possible, find a transfer low post scorer and develop as much shooting as possible. Hopefully Dilione can be the guy that can create late clock offense

Gitshirt Uros, get Phillips in the gym as much as possible, find a transfer low post scorer and develop as much shooting as possible. Hopefully Dilione can be the guy that can create late clock offense
We need a proven shooter actually capable of getting shots off over length.

I hope Barnes is pointing the finger at himself in addition to his players.

Yep. Not being “locked in” starts at the top. Honestly, it feels like this team just didn’t respect opponents this year. How else do you explain the fact that we looked at our best and won nearly every game against the best of the best, but against just solid to downright bad teams we looked lackadaisical in many ways.

Did this team just really not respect their opponent enough to think any team on any given night could beat them? Were we really just looking ahead to the Elite 8??

Yep. Not being “locked in” starts at the top. Honestly, it feels like this team just didn’t respect opponents this year. How else do you explain the fact that we looked at our best and won nearly every game against the best of the best, but against just solid to downright bad teams we looked lackadaisical in many ways.

Did this team just really not respect their opponent enough to think any team on any given night could beat them? Were we really just looking ahead to the Elite 8??
They were too busy reading old mean tweets after big wins to prep for lesser opponents.

Remember the posts from our fans when that Florida kid concussed Fulkerson two years ago?

This is almost to a tee the same exact play. I said in another thread and I’ll say it again. I hope Uros transfers somewhere else

Remember the posts from our fans when that Florida kid concussed Fulkerson two years ago?

This is almost to a tee the same exact play. I said in another thread and I’ll say it again. I hope Uros transfers somewhere else

He sucks at basketball AND he costs us in big games. And we’ve got people wanting Krissa to transfer here 😂

Losing him is going to be so healthy for the program. Most of the guys who will be gone after this season are good guys, but even they may prove to be healthy turnover if we replace them with the type of scorers this roster needs.

Damn Chris! Didn’t know you were gonna be throwing heat inside tonight!
I'll put him on blast when he deserves it. He coached an awful game, tonight. No adjustment to the fact FAU got an open 3 whenever they wanted. He put terrible lineups together, particularly in the first half. He refused to use a TO until it was too late in their run. Just so little heart from his team.

I'm fine with our season outcome. S16 with this team minus ZZ is a nice result. And if we had beaten Louisiana, then FAU, and lost to Duke, tonight, it's probably a little more palatable for those who are upset. I understand being upset, though, that we couldn't beat that FAU team on that stage. And we got such poor effort and poor coaching to boot.

Even worse the people calling some of the s*** he was doing tonight "flopping". I'm sorry but if Uros is throwing his body into someone like that, which he was, then he's going to be called. And his dumbass should be roasted for that.

That's the type of behavior we'd be going off about if another team was doing.

It was an inexcusable decision. I can’t imagine what he was thinking. All that does is add to the FAU momentum at the worst possible moment and also just confirms the “Vols are dirty” narrative the talking heads were parroting all week long. Truly one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen a Vol make on the basketball court and I hope Rick packs Uros’s bags for him tomorrow.

Uros is who he is so I won’t be surprised if another angle shows how malicious that was. But with the way big man for FAU was throwing himself around all night, I need another angle to determine if that was anything close to the hit on Fulk. Fulks freaking face was broken and it was a clear as day direct hit. Obviously what Uros did there was intentional but I’m not sure it was as stark as it looks from the opposite side camera

Even worse the people calling some of the s*** he was doing tonight "flopping". I'm sorry but if Uros is throwing his body into someone like that, which he was, then he's going to be called. And his dumbass should be roasted for that.

That's the type of behavior we'd be going off about if another team was doing.
I mean the guy can be flopping AND Uros can be a dumbass and acting like it. That’s not mutually exclusive. The announcers even called out both (not in those terms of course)

I mean the guy can be flopping AND Uros can be a dumbass and acting like it. That’s not mutually exclusive. The announcers even called out both (not in those terms of course)

Don't give him an opportunity to flop. Uros is like an idiot big guy who is easily baited into doing dumb s***. And again, I don't care if the other guy was flopping, you launch into a guy like that, it's getting called. You can't throw your shoulder into someone blatantly like that, especially in that one because it looks like Uros is intentionally going after him.

As much as we b**** about reffing around here, if I'm a ref and I see that I'm calling it every time.

Don't give him an opportunity to flop. Uros is like an idiot big guy who is easily baited into doing dumb s***. And again, I don't care if the other guy was flopping, you launch into a guy like that, it's getting called. You can't throw your shoulder into someone blatantly like that, especially in that one because it looks like Uros is intentionally going after him.

As much as we b**** about reffing around here, if I'm a ref and I see that I'm calling it every time.
Uros can’t be doing it, I’m with you. He’s way way excessive, no doubt about it

Reactions: DuckInAPen
If your player is in the portal and Rick comes calling just start accusing him of tampering and he’ll back off. That’s what happened with Yuri Collins and that’s why we can’t rely on the portal.

If your player is in the portal and Rick comes calling just start accusing him of tampering and he’ll back off. That’s what happened with Yuri Collins and that’s why we can’t rely on the portal.
It’s been stated 1 billion times there actually was tampering with Yuri and that’s why we backed off.

Yeah! Don’t let the facts get in the way of your narrative or anything!

Man there’s a decent amount of legitimate material to bash Barnes on. Yet all the Bruce Pearl nut hangers always choose the most mendacious, ridiculous narratives to base their criticism on. It’s bizarre. If you hate the guy, hit him where it hurts! Point out his real flaws!

VN Store

Back