'24 FL RB Jerrick Gibson

“The whole organization with the fanbase to the players to the coaches, it just all love,” Gibson said. “They make you feel like home as well. They just got another offensive coordinator so I want to get up there to meet him and see how everything is going with them. I love how they use their running backs as well. They are great at putting running backs in space and getting them the ball.”
“I feel like if I drop him off at Tennessee I feel I won’t have to worry about nothing,” Jenkins said. “It’s really family oriented. I love (the trajectory). His first visit to Tennessee, like I always do we go to lunch and he was like Tennessee is rising right now. We started taking visits. They showed us nothing but love. With the NIL everybody is ‘we got NIL, NIL, NIL.’ Jerrick don’t care about that. He’s not going to the highest bidder. Go to Tennessee, show us this show us that, did whole visit and nothing about NIL. They rolled out the red carpet without being fancy. That offense (Josh Heupel) has. He’s a great offensive mind. I sat down and talked with him about his offense. It basically wears defense down. He fits perfect in that scheme.”
"Obviously my prediction is on Texas but certainly not sleeping on Tennessee here. "
-Fong
why is Texas leading?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He got fong bombed to Texas. That's code speak that it's pretty much over. I would love to be wrong but 8 or 9 times out of 10 we don't come out on the right side of this.
Disagree in this context. Fong basically said his prediction was placed on Texas but after talking to Gibson and Jenkins, don't sleep on Tennessee. Classic Fong backtracking in case he needs to switch his prediction.

Disagree in this context. Fong basically said his prediction was placed on Texas but after talking to Gibson and Jenkins, don't sleep on Tennessee. Classic Fong backtracking in case he needs to switch his prediction.
Also it’s early as heck and I’m sure how the teams he’s considering perform this season may have an effect.

From Rivals:

An offer from LSU is “one that I’ve been waiting for” so Gibson is going to take a much closer look at the Tigers now that they’ve offered. Trips to Baton Rouge and Ohio State are being planned and that’s definitely something to watch out for with the Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star running back but Texas is still widely believed to be the team to beat.

Reactions: VolByLaw
one win away from a shot at the playoffs
Yes, we were one win away, but it was the Georgia game, not the South Carolina game. If you beat Georgia and lose to South Carolina, then you still win the East and face a LSU team that we've previously hammered in Atlanta. I'd take our chances with that all day. If you pull out a one point win in Columbia we may or may not have stayed in the top 4. But there was no guarantee of it. Winning the SEC Championship is an absolute lock of getting a playoff berth.

As long as it is a 4-team playoff winning your division and conference matters. I know that some exceptional teams have made the playoffs without doing it.

Yes, we were one win away, but it was the Georgia game, not the South Carolina game. If you beat Georgia and lose to South Carolina, then you still win the East and face a LSU team that we've previously hammered in Atlanta. I'd take our chances with that all day. If you pull out a one point win in Columbia we may or may not have stayed in the top 4. But there was no guarantee of it. Winning the SEC Championship is an absolute lock of getting a playoff berth.

As long as it is a 4-team playoff winning your division and conference matters. I know that some exceptional teams have made the playoffs without doing it.
Honestly man, you lost me.

We were one win away from a possible playoff berth.

Then again, when the Guv needs 13 harumphs. Who knows?

Bring back the computer!

From Rivals:

An offer from LSU is “one that I’ve been waiting for” so Gibson is going to take a much closer look at the Tigers now that they’ve offered. Trips to Baton Rouge and Ohio State are being planned and that’s definitely something to watch out for with the Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star running back but Texas is still widely believed to be the team to beat.
No mention of us? I thought this kid was feeling us...looks like the games have begun.

It was either. Beat either of those teams and we’re in the CFP.

Mind is going blank rn lol. Who is JM?
Wish folks would just not be so lazy. Spell the freaking name. Lot's iof JM's for the Vols and while you can sometimes guess if you have nothing to do but sit at your computer and hang on every post in a thread, it's sometimes impossible for the casual reader to know who the hell the poster is referring to. Johnny Majors. Jerod Mayo...the list goes on. Same for some nickname a random poster likes to use for a particular player. So come on....say the name kids. Say the name.

Wish folks would just not be so lazy. Spell the freaking name. Lot's iof JM's for the Vols and while you can sometimes guess if you have nothing to do but sit at your computer and hang on every post in a thread, it's sometimes impossible for the casual reader to know who the hell the poster is referring to. Johnny Majors. Jerod Mayo...the list goes on. Same for some nickname a random poster likes to use for a particular player. So come on....say the name kids. Say the name.

IMHO IDK JK

Reactions: LouderVol
I lurk and post some while I red fish that's just how I type and I'm to old to change👍✌️

This kid is like a smaller James Wilder Jr.

He looks like Hercules and runs hard.
But he runs 4.7 at best....

Not a top 100 player imo.
Lewis from VA is definitely a take over him.

Reactions: onevol74 and rgvol

VN Store

Back