Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I'm also just not sure what Bilas and the Dukies think they gain from whining.

Uros only played 15 minutes and had 4 fouls, seems like the bulk of their complaining is centered around his style of play. But he rarely played AND the fouls were called, what more can the officials do? None of the fouls were flagrant at all and if Flopowski wasn't a drama major the replays wouldn't look so ridiculous.

What I think is karma is that after all that flopping around Aidoo bringing down a rebound was the hardest hit the guy took.

My biggest complaint is that Roach was able to play 34 minutes...he fouled far more often than anyone on UT and somehow never had his 5th called.
He did have his 5th called...the refs puckered and changed it just to suit Dookie.

Couple if takes from watching all that...KS Coach Tang is a Pearl type...and we would be a shoe in National Champion if we had Nowell...he is a better offensive ZZ.

They both shoot about 38-39% from the field.

Nowell 35% from 3, ZZ 31%.

Nowell is a baller for sure. Just adding more context.

I just hope they aren't complacent after the big win. They did all that same "don't try to be a fan now!" after the Bama game and then lost their next two games
They did not lose those games because they got "complacent"...that is just freaking ridiculous.

The only time all year that I felt they did not give great effort was the Florida game.

Before you defend or write your dissertation you take preliminary exams. Preliminary exams consist of 1 week where each member of your committee sends you an exam each day with their own parameters. Two weeks later you have an in-person exam. Your committee comes together and grills you to assess your knowledge level of not only the subject but general information and also unanswerable questions where they want to see how you process and think through the answer.

Yesterday I had a 24 hr exam. Ended up with about 6 pages. Today was honestly more and I had 8 hrs and ended up with like 12 pages. Tomorrow I have another marathon. Then in lieu of an exam my advisor is having me write a grant proposal due next Friday. On the 6th I'll have the in-person.
🤞

They did not lose those games because they got "complacent"...that is just freaking ridiculous.

The only time all year that I felt they did not give great effort was the Florida game.
Perhaps suggesting "complacency" was too far.

However, the Florida loss you mentioned was after a big win (Texas), which started the grumblings through their Vandy and Mizzou losses. When they beat Alabama they acted like everyone in the world was wrong to doubt them and they were turning a corner. Then they lost their next two.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about saying I hope that they learned from those experiences.

"If these athletes started getting “paid,” a substantial number of fans who were, apparently, drawn to college athletics because the players didn’t make any money, were going to stop caring and watching."

What a weird deciding factor for someone..."only if they have to eat off a meal plan will I watch them!

And now let's talk about Dabo.. shouldn't he have quit football 😒😏😅
If it continues to become soulless mercenary crap...I will be out at some point.

Reactions: screenthis
If it continues to become soulless mercenary crap...I will be out at some point.
It was a bad example. It's not about 'getting paid' vs. starving. I've always wanted athletes at the college level to be paid for their service to the University. But, as they move towards making millions, in essence, College Sports just becomes another professional league (and college sports becomes a little less interesting to me as has Professional Sports).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back