Kaiya Wynn article

This is why I've been saying Wynn is going nowhere. KJH has said repeatedly how much fun she is and how much she loves her. Said Strip and Wynn should have their own TV show. BK maybe, but not Wynn.

Don’t think BK is going anywhere either. Suppose you never know in this day and age but one would think she would have left after the incident last season if she was going to.

Not many coaches would have stood behind a player after that. Would be surprised to see her leave.

Don’t think BK is going anywhere either. Suppose you never know in this day and age but one would think she would have left after the incident last season if she was going to.

Not many coaches would have stood behind a player after that. Would be surprised to see her leave.
Might depend on what we do in the portal, also I'm assuming Powell returns. Of course BK may be ok w a permanent backup roll. I just hope for the best for her.

I hope they both stay with of course the knowledge that they need to get a lot better offensively to get playing time next season. Wynn has so much athletic ability she just needs to really put in the effort to become an offensive player as well. BK just needs to get better with her perimeter shot she can make a layup although her size sometimes hurts her on drives.

Might depend on what we do in the portal, also I'm assuming Powell returns. Of course BK may be ok w a permanent backup roll. I just hope for the best for her.
Unless BK is the type of player who thinks her abilities are being undervalued and she thinks she is better than what she really is (which i don't think at all) I doubt she is going anywhere. I would say that that our sophomore class is here till the end of their careers and all will continue to improve and play their part. They all seem to have pretty good heads on their shoulders, have great body language and seem really happy. You never know with 20 year old kids, but that is just my take when I see them.

Unless BK is the type of player who thinks her abilities are being undervalued and she thinks she is better than what she really is (which i don't think at all) I doubt she is going anywhere. I would say that that our sophomore class is here till the end of their careers and all will continue to improve and play their part. They all seem to have pretty good heads on their shoulders, have great body language and seem really happy. You never know with 20 year old kids, but that is just my take when I see them.
Definitely they all seem happy. Don't think it would be BK feeling undervalued, just realizing she's not going to play much unless she steps it down a notch, maybe a mid-major? Especially if JH stays, and/or we pick up a good, tall, quick PG to split duties w Powell, I just can't see much playing time for BK. But if she's ok w that or thinks she can break thru, I'm all for it.

When chemistry is this good, and as bloody long as it took to build, the less change the better IMO.

My main sadness when any Lady Vol transfers is my sadness for how they'll feel 10, 20 years in the future. Being a Lady Vol For Life is a special gift that few young women ever receive, and to give that up for more playing time at a lesser program may seem reasonable at this point in their lives, but on down the road I would imagine there might be regret for some.

Say, for instance, a born-and-raised Tennessee girl who dreamed her entire young life of becoming a Lady Vol actually gets that chance. That dream comes true and she earns a full scholarship to Tennessee and is on top of the world. This young woman starts off with a bang and becomes a crowd favorite, but over time gets fewer and fewer minutes. After year two the kid decides to transfer halfway across the country for more PT -- and gets it. Yay. That other team doesn't have any more post-season success than Tennessee did in those years. Now fast-forward to today, which is years later. Say the team she transferred to was also in the tourney this season and she's watching from home somewhere in Tennessee as both her first love (Tennessee) is still in it and the other team has gone home.

How does she feel? Does she wish she could be with all the orange-blooded thousands, or did her blood and heart actually change that drastically in the two years elsewhere and she doesn't feel any connection to Tennessee? I know how I'd be feeling.

And they're always welcome back to soak in the orange blood lol.

But it couldn't be the same. If I go and graduate from somewhere else, I can't be #LVFL. I can no longer drop by practices or be brought onto center court to be honored in those "LVFL is in da house!" moments. I can't have that badge of honor. I especially can't go stand in front of Pat's statue and look up at it and think, "Yeah. Because I am an LVFL I am this great lady's legacy for life, too."

That would kill me, years later, to know I gave that up. 😲

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Again, depends on how strongly you feel about playing or not. That could also be looked back on w regret. All that work and time to never have a significant role? Different for different people

She is athletically as gifted as Jordy and Ms. Jackson. I think we saw just a hint of what she can be in the Toledo game. I’m excited for her! Still work to do but super upside!!
Not sure I'd go that far. Maybe someday but I don't think she has the body control in the air of RJ nor the leaping ability of JH. Different level.

Not sure I'd go that far. Maybe someday but I don't think she has the body control in the air of RJ nor the leaping ability of JH. Different level.
Would agree for sure about the body control of RJ which is other worldly. Regarding hops, I would have agreed with you about that too except for a play in the Toledo game where instead of driving to the basket KW took a jumper from the lane and I was shocked at how high she was at release. It could have, however, just been the euphoria of the moment on my part!!!!
It would be interesting between KW and Jordy full speed dribble baseline to baseline, or really anyone of the guards, who wins?

She is athletically as gifted as Jordy and Ms. Jackson. I think we saw just a hint of what she can be in the Toledo game. I’m excited for her! Still work to do but super upside!!

I have said this before but Kaiya should watch film of Kyra Elzy until that playing style is burned into her brain. She has all the tools to be the lockdown defender who can also give you some points as a bonus.

It is pretty rare to see poor shooters turn into really good offensive players. Kaiya showed she can get some slash and drive points but defense seems like her most likely path to being a major contributor

But it couldn't be the same. If I go and graduate from somewhere else, I can't be #LVFL. I can no longer drop by practices or be brought onto center court to be honored in those "LVFL is in da house!" moments. I can't have that badge of honor. I especially can't go stand in front of Pat's statue and look up at it and think, "Yeah. Because I am an LVFL I am this great lady's legacy for life, too."

That would kill me, years later, to know I gave that up. 😲
I’ve often thought about how Alexa Middleton feels in this regard.

I’ve often thought about how Alexa Middleton feels in this regard.

I hope she feels good about it. No need to lead a life of regret.

She did well at Iowa St.

Started in all 35 games for the Cyclones after redshirting per NCAA transfer rules … averaged 10.1 points, 5.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds … named honorable mention All-Big 12 and was a member of the Big 12 All-Tournament team … recorded double figures in scoring in 18 games on the season … finished the season ranked 10th on Iowa State’s all-time single-season assist list with 176 … went 7-of-14 from the floor while scoring 15 points and dishing eight assists in ISU’s Big 12/SEC Challenge win over Arkansas … scored 20 points on the road at No. 16 Iowa to go along with four assists … had one double-double on the season, coming at Oklahoma State where she tallied 15 points dished 11 assists … scored a season high 24 points against No. 21 Texas in the Big 12 Tournament semifinals on 9-of-15 shooting from the field and went 4-of-6 from three … against No. 1 Baylor she recorded 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting … netted 15 points and nine assists in the Cyclones’ NCAA Tournament first round win over New Mexico

Individuals have different motives and goals. I do think for some the LVFL is an important status to attain and with this current group, that they all appear to be bonded and understand they are contributing in different ways to the program.

But, you will have some players who have different priorities and for whom, something like LVFL, may not be that personally significant.

Last edited:
My main sadness when any Lady Vol transfers is my sadness for how they'll feel 10, 20 years in the future. Being a Lady Vol For Life is a special gift that few young women ever receive, and to give that up for more playing time at a lesser program may seem reasonable at this point in their lives, but on down the road I would imagine there might be regret for some.

Say, for instance, a born-and-raised Tennessee girl who dreamed her entire young life of becoming a Lady Vol actually gets that chance. That dream comes true and she earns a full scholarship to Tennessee and is on top of the world. This young woman starts off with a bang and becomes a crowd favorite, but over time gets fewer and fewer minutes. After year two the kid decides to transfer halfway across the country for more PT -- and gets it. Yay. That other team doesn't have any more post-season success than Tennessee did in those years. Now fast-forward to today, which is years later. Say the team she transferred to was also in the tourney this season and she's watching from home somewhere in Tennessee as both her first love (Tennessee) is still in it and the other team has gone home.

How does she feel? Does she wish she could be with all the orange-blooded thousands, or did her blood and heart actually change that drastically in the two years elsewhere and she doesn't feel any connection to Tennessee? I know how I'd be feeling.
I know a certain young lady from the boro here transferred and I know she is conflicted . ( her last name isn’t hayes ) I consider her a lady vol . Love her and her family .

Wynn was in both of the last two games early and for periods of time. I understand the comment re Elza and playing within her strengths as a basketball player. Also she, IMO, should slow down on her drives, some seem almost reckless as well as the ball not entering the hoop.

and to BoroVolBabe player who transferred, the changing of the coach who recruited a young woman can cloud decision making of staying or leaving a program. I have followed the career of one such woman, who was a favorite her freshman year as a LVol.

I know a certain young lady from the boro here transferred and I know she is conflicted . ( her last name isn’t hayes ) I consider her a lady vol . Love her and her family .

When I wrote what I wrote above I had, most likely, the same young woman that you (and perhaps stllvf) know and love in mind. I think of her often, and wish to gawd "the situation" had been better for her. Like I said, I couldn't blame her for making her exit, but I'll always wish she'd been able to stick it out somehow. It's heartbreaking because she likely feels like half an alum in two places instead of feeling a full connection to either.

VN Store

Back