'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

Itā€™s also going to be a big month for tight ends coach Alec Abeln. Vol commitment Jonathan Echols is also scheduled for the 25th. Echols has been seeing places but it still feels like Tennessee is in an okay spot. Other schools have been pushing to get him to de-commit but he hasnā€™t even when we felt like it may be headed that way. He wanted to get back up here and so this visit is big in our opinion because he is looking to see the school he chose last summer.
-VQ

iu

no it doesnt, lol. ive followed recruiting for years.

This is Tennessee.
The assertion that thereā€™s a conspiracy against TNā€™s prospects among recruiting services, as if they have a vendetta specifically against UT as opposed to other schools, is completely ridiculous and only serves to make the people who believe it look like petulant children who like playing the victim.

The assertion that thereā€™s a conspiracy against TNā€™s prospects among recruiting services, as if they have a vendetta specifically against UT as opposed to other schools, is completely ridiculous and only serves to make the people who believe it look like petulant children who like playing the victim.

Wow what a post. Nobody is saying there is a conspiracy against TN whe it comes to recruiting. But go back through the years and look. You will see a history of recruits being highly ranked, yet after they commit to TN they drop. This happens even in the off season where no football is being played. There is a track record of this. If you donā€™t ageee then you really havenā€™t paid close to TN recruiting in the past 15 years or so.

Wow what a post. Nobody is saying there is a conspiracy against TN whe it comes to recruiting. But go back through the years and look. You will see a history of recruits being highly ranked, yet after they commit to TN they drop. This happens even in the off season where no football is being played. There is a track record of this. If you donā€™t ageee then you really havenā€™t paid close to TN recruiting in the past 15 years or so.
I sometimes wonder if there is statistical truth to this phenomenon or if we just think it's the case because Tennessee is the team we all pay the most attention to. Sure, we do see our players drop sometimes but is that more likely to happen to us than 99% of other programs? I'm not sure. I know there are reasons that players committed to places like Alabama or Georgia are bumped but I guess I'm not as sure that the opposite is true.

I sometimes wonder if there is statistical truth to this phenomenon or if we just think it's the case because Tennessee is the team we all pay the most attention to. Sure, we do see our players drop sometimes but is that more likely to happen to us than 99% of other programs? I'm not sure. I know there are reasons that players committed to places like Alabama or Georgia are bumped but I guess I'm not as sure that the opposite is true.
It also has to do with the fact that outside of a few seasons here and there, we have been plain bad for a decade and a half.

A lot of Pruitt, Butch, and Dooley recruits deserved rankings drops since most of them either barely saw the field here or transferred and barely saw the field elsewhere.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if somewhere in someone like Solon Pageā€™s recruiting thread, there were similar comments about his rating if it dropped while in HS. And while I love that heā€™s ground it out and stayed, he hasnā€™t seen much PT in what hasnā€™t been a room full of All American LBers.

VN Store

Back