Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really a disservice to this team that Jay Bilas started the narrative against them. Did anyone else think, besides a couple of Plavsic fouls, that our game was particularly physical compared to the others this weekend?

I watched a lot of basketball in the last 5 days, and a lot of it was really physical…it’s just the way they’ve called it, so far.
Other than the uros fouls, absolutely not. Wasn't out of the ordinary physical at all.

It wasn't any more physical than a standard p5 game imo. Tennessee does a really good job at getting to spots, blocking shots and lateral movement at close proximity. Fau and fdu were not physical in their game because it was so fast. Alot of missed shots though. Uros box out was hard but I'm on the fence on calling it a foul in the first place. Let alone, dirty. The elbow is a standard move in basketball. You can argue a foul and I'm on board but the dude flopped heavy on that too so hard to call something dirty when the guy that fell was able to control where and how he fell. I think guys like Bilas and Seth are bitter and their fanboy showed in an ugly way.

I think the fau coach is trying to get whistles, which is a p**** move. If I'm an official assigned to the s16 game, I take that attempt at manipulation personally. You won't get whistles from me and I'll actively look to convince the others to let them play because it's tournament ball.

I was fine with the Plavsic fouls in the beginning being called common fouls. Debatable? Sure, but I think they are called fouls most of the time for any team. Where I draw the line is people calling them flagrant and dirty. They weren’t, and the refs agreed both times after seeing every replay angle possible and literally analyzing it down to the last detail. Plavsic is just one of those players that plays really hard, isn’t afraid to muck it up and talk trash, and rivals love to hate… so he gets scrutinized more than others. I agree though, It’s a shame that Bilas and company tried to make it out to be more than it was due to their bitterness.

I'm also just not sure what Bilas and the Dukies think they gain from whining.

Uros only played 15 minutes and had 4 fouls, seems like the bulk of their complaining is centered around his style of play. But he rarely played AND the fouls were called, what more can the officials do? None of the fouls were flagrant at all and if Flopowski wasn't a drama major the replays wouldn't look so ridiculous.

What I think is karma is that after all that flopping around Aidoo bringing down a rebound was the hardest hit the guy took.

My biggest complaint is that Roach was able to play 34 minutes...he fouled far more often than anyone on UT and somehow never had his 5th called.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back