Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Really looking forward to Ole Miss/Stanford. Brink is available and will start but may not play a lot according to announcers. If they are without her a lot it could impact this game more than it did their first round game.

Ole Miss is playing with some fire. I give the edge to Stanford due to their size and depth though. Ole Miss had a hard time with our size in our matchup. They have some nice players but just couldn’t check us in the paint.

Horston had a field day which bodes well for Jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis929
Yeah, it would take a magical performance by Ole Miss at the same time Stanford lays a brick for the Rebels to get the win, but nothing is impossible. Like you said, VolBall09, they are playing with some fire.

Gotta say, I can’t remember a season with betters grounds in the first couple rounds!! I think I’m the post-COVID area people are so glad to get out. Really a benefit to sports and women’s sports in particular.

Committee did a pretty good job overall in choosing the host teams IMO. Really fun atmosphere in almost every game I have watched.

Iowa crowd in particular is so lit it is annoying lol.

Reactions: lvocd
Yeah, it would take a magical performance by Ole Miss at the same time Stanford lays a brick for the Rebels to get the win, but nothing is impossible. Like you said, VolBall09, they are playing with some fire.
Don’t count Ole Miss out. Remember, they should’ve beaten SC but was able to take them to OT.

Monitor review every 5 seconds. This is a CONTACT sport move on. Michigan coach is winging about even more than Mulkey and begging for a review ever few seconds so she can have a timeout and slow the game down.

Reactions: lvocd
I just find Princeton Coach and team obnoxious. GO UTAH!

She reminds me, physically, of her fellow Husky alum Diana Taurasi. I vaguely recall that it was Carla Berube who appeared to intentionally hurt one of our Lady Vols back in the day. She was a tough competitor, but took it too far.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
She reminds me, physically, of her fellow Husky alum Diana Taurasi. I vaguely recall that it was Carla Berube who appeared to intentionally hurt one of our Lady Vols back in the day. She was a tough competitor, but took it too far.

I dislike her a great deal, which is why I suspect she will replace Geno. Cut from the same mold, those two.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I agree with the female announcer. LSU should have shot two more free throws. Reese was definitely in the act of shooting. I agree with the review as well. Went a little beyond just a hard foul. She didn’t really have a play on the ball and physically pulled her down.

Reactions: travis929
What do y'all think will happen in the LSU v. Utah game?

Going to be a fun matchup! I have a feeling that one comes down to the wire. Pili has the physicality and toughness to go toe to toe with Reese. That will be an awesome individual matchup to watch.

Utah can shoot the 3 though they were abysmal from the outside today. If they can get hot from deep LSU may have trouble guarding them.

VN Store

Back