Barnes and Players Postgame

Listening to Vol Network coverage all year and it has been more of the same. This team is a TEAM. They love each other and Coach Barnes. He has his faults, like all of us, but he coaches them in more than basketball. He teaches them about what’s important to be a contributing member of society.
Last week in his postgame, I heard the random question of the policy for guns on UT Team. Without hesitation, he rattled off the policy. I got the impression that he practices and preaches the same thing to his players, as he sees them as sons and representatives of the University.
I’d take that all day every day over a bunch of one & dones or thugs

If for no other reason at all…we should love and appreciate Rick Barnes for the quality of young men he allows into his program. I mean…think about it…very little-if any-issues since he’s been here. People think Rick is hard on them? Nah…LIFE IS HARD on them and Rick is helping raise character built young men…and by anybody’s estimate…something our nation is terribly lacking.

If for no other reason at all…we should love and appreciate Rick Barnes for the quality of young men he allows into his program. I mean…think about it…very little-if any-issues since he’s been here. People think Rick is hard on them? Nah…LIFE IS HARD on them and Rick is helping raise character built young men…and by anybody’s estimate…something our nation is terribly lacking.

I’m all for Admiral or Grant or JJJ taking over for Barnes around 2035.

VN Store

Back