Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't show the video of it either, but the ref making tje foul call signaled Roach's number to the scorer's table. Roach and another Dookie started lobbying to the ref. Shortly thereafter, the change was made. Also, I truly believe the two quck fouls on Uros were a blessing in disguise. Duke's younguns knew then it was going to be tough for them.
I think you need that bully to set the tone…. Uros definitely set the tone…. All of the Duke fan base is complaining about him being a dirty player…. Love it.

I thought it was a very well called game…. The two calls against Plav…. First one he jumped at the shooter with his arm stretched outward toward the shooter… that will draw a foul the majority of the time if you land in the shooters space like he did…. The second Plav call he threw his right arm up near the head area… they stopped it to make sure he didn’t make contact with the head…. Old rules… I doubt it gets called…. No one has shown me video of the ref making the call on roach and changing it… that one I may be willing to buy as questionable… can’t remember the santi potential foul….. if they were wanting to screw us… they could have called a blocking foul on ON. I would love to have that crew do the rest of our games…

No college basketball game is going to be completely clean bc it is too fast with extremely high level athletes.
OK why didn't they call the same fouls against Duke? Because they didn't. All I ask for is consistency. They called fouls against Us that weren't fouls against Duke.

I think the way they officiated did benefit our style of play. I still think they tried to keep Duke in it. The blatant reversal of the foul on Roach was an example of it. There were several calls against us that they let Duke get away with.
That was a bad call but that was a pretty well officiated game. Both got soft calls and both had some head scratchers but overall I can’t complain.

We need to stay focused and don’t be satisfied! Easiest thing to do is lose focus because we will play winner of 9vs16. If we do that, we might find ourselves being back home and being on the wrong end of another Cinderella story. Focus, play our game on both ends, and advance to EE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back