Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I would like to see offensively is for Barnes to run some iso pick and rolls with Santi and ON, theres some Karl Malone to ONs game with a good mid range jumper. Need a few more back screens in the post to get Uros an easier ability to post.

Reactions: SoilVol
We were more physical but that doesn't mean they didn't foul us. Many times this year the other team was more physical but we got called for more fouls. Plav got a call defending s three for literally touching the guys fingers after the ball was gone. The very next time down the court Vescovis arm was hit on a 3 before his release with no call. Same with Plav on the block. He got called for an offensive foul for backing his defender down. The very next time down the court their big did the same thing and ON got called for the block. They helped Duke all they could including changing a call to keep their point guard in the game.
I thought it was a very well called game…. The two calls against Plav…. First one he jumped at the shooter with his arm stretched outward toward the shooter… that will draw a foul the majority of the time if you land in the shooters space like he did…. The second Plav call he threw his right arm up near the head area… they stopped it to make sure he didn’t make contact with the head…. Old rules… I doubt it gets called…. No one has shown me video of the ref making the call on roach and changing it… that one I may be willing to buy as questionable… can’t remember the santi potential foul….. if they were wanting to screw us… they could have called a blocking foul on ON. I would love to have that crew do the rest of our games…

No college basketball game is going to be completely clean bc it is too fast with extremely high level athletes.

We were more physical but that doesn't mean they didn't foul us. Many times this year the other team was more physical but we got called for more fouls. Plav got a call defending s three for literally touching the guys fingers after the ball was gone. The very next time down the court Vescovis arm was hit on a 3 before his release with no call. Same with Plav on the block. He got called for an offensive foul for backing his defender down. The very next time down the court their big did the same thing and ON got called for the block. They helped Duke all they could including changing a call to keep their point guard in the game.
I think your points are valid, but we did win.....

Also, that first foul called on Uros, the Duke kid flopped, big time.

tenor.gif

I thought it was a very well called game…. The two calls against Plav…. First one he jumped at the shooter with his arm stretched outward toward the shooter… that will draw a foul the majority of the time if you land in the shooters space like he did…. The second Plav call he threw his right arm up near the head area… they stopped it to make sure he didn’t make contact with the head…. Old rules… I doubt it gets called…. No one has shown me video of the ref making the call on roach and changing it… that one I may be willing to buy as questionable… can’t remember the santi potential foul….. if they were wanting to screw us… they could have called a blocking foul on ON. I would love to have that crew do the rest of our games…

No college basketball game is going to be completely clean bc it is too fast with extremely high level athletes.
I can't show the video of it either, but the ref making tje foul call signaled Roach's number to the scorer's table. Roach and another Dookie started lobbying to the ref. Shortly thereafter, the change was made. Also, I truly believe the two quck fouls on Uros were a blessing in disguise. Duke's younguns knew then it was going to be tough for them.

Vegas knows.
They sure did! Apparently all the betting was coming in on Duke for this game yet the line stayed very close to what it opened. Vegas must’ve known we matched up very well and would be able to out physical them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back