Best/Worst remaining matchups

NighthawkVol

This might be a good topic for @bleedingTNorange but of the remaining possibilities in our region, who would we prefer? Obviously, our next game is FAU or Fairleigh Dickinson. Assuming we want the latter. Tell me if I’m wrong.

After that, it’s Kentucky, KState, Marquette, or Michigan State. I’ve seen a lot of Kentucky and KState. I don’t want KState. They’re good. Kentucky is a matchup problem, but it’s hard to beat anyone 3x. I don’t know much about Michigan State or Marquette. How would we match up with either?

Okay, folks, great win today

We are going to be facing the winner of FAU vs FDU

If we win that game, we make it to the elite 8.

I think we are probably likely to face Kentucky in there, what do you guys think?

Go Vols!

Enjoy this huge win!

Reactions: Post4Vols
This might be a good topic for @bleedingTNorange but of the remaining possibilities in our region, who would we prefer? Obviously, our next game is FAU or Fairleigh Dickinson. Assuming we want the latter. Tell me if I’m wrong.

After that, it’s Kentucky, KState, Marquette, or Michigan State. I’ve seen a lot of Kentucky and KState. I don’t want KState. They’re good. Kentucky is a matchup problem, but it’s hard to beat anyone 3x. I don’t know much about Michigan State or Marquette. How would we match up with either?

Knowing us, watch us wind up with an Elite 8, Final Four, Natty game Gauntlet of Kentucky, Alabama, and then Texas/Kansas. Basically a rematch against common opponents lmao

I think I want Kansas State. Don’t want to lose 3 to KY and let them have a chance at blocking our best ever run. Don’t want to see Shaka versus Barnes - those guys looking to knock out their replacements often have bad results. Don’t want to get between Mich State and their sentimental run after their tragedy.

But let’s not look past whichever FU wins tomorrow.

If I had a choice for elite 8 match-up, I'd take kentucky. I doubt they make it that far.

Considering our next opponent, I'd be disappointed if vols don't win the next one.

In theory, we should have easy game given our defense so far vs FDU/FAU en route to Elite 8.

UK and K State / Marquette and Sparty will beat each other up en route to Elite 8….

Would rather see FDU in next round. After that, in order would rather play Michigan State, Kentucky, Marquette and Kansas State as least preferred. I think Nowell would cause us fits with Kansas St.

I’m honestly kind of worried about this next one. We always seem to get up for the big name teams: Duke, Alabama, Texas, Kansas. But we falter sometimes and play down to the opponent like Colorado, Florida, Vandy, and even our last game against Louisiana

Yes. We’ve seen this scenario unfold before to only blow the easier game directly in front of us.

Yea, the team needs to focus on the next game and nothing else. Any team that beats Purdue cannot be taken lightly. Nobody can be taken lightly at this stage of the tourney.

We’ll most likely be playing the other FU team. A 16 seed for an EE would be awesome though.

We scrimmaged Michigan state before the season.

VN Store

Back