Todays Game Vs Duke

Tennessee vs Duke: Win or Lose by How Many?

• Total voters

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Man, I am all over the place w this one. Duke looked bad during regular season yet, has some potentially dominant players and are now living up to their hype.

What say you Vol Nation??

Reactions: Murphdog
Duke has been hot but mostly against very weak teams. Their best opponent was Virginia in the ACC title game. But UVA looked bad in tourney.

Duke has athletes but they are very inexperienced and have first year coach.

I don’t worry one bit about Barnes having the boys ready today. With that said, any result would not surprise me. I could see our defense throwing a haymaker and shutting them down. I could see our offense scoring 70-80…. Literally no idea what to expect. I will feel good if we get another 20+ from Mashack/Uros

Reactions: Volfan1000

With Purdue AND Mempiss State going down and the bracket opening up, it's a golden opportunity for our program. The door is wide open for us to step through with a win over Duke. We couldn't have asked for a better road to the elite 8/final 4. That's why I'm going to have to pick Duke. We just don't walk through those doors. Not our way. I know in my bones that Lucy is gonna pull that damned football away.....again. Nope. Not falling for it. Cup is secure. Bourbon at the ready. Full nega on this one. Fire away folks.

I believe we said something similar last year. We had the easiest bracket.

Only to choke against and 11 seed and then read about how great that Michigan team was and how it was a bad matchup on here from a bunch of posters. No, they were an 11 seed for a reason and we flat out choked. Just own it. It might be 20 years before an opportunity like that opens up again.

Call me a dreamer folks, but I think Tennessee wins this one.

We have seen Tennessee have good nights shooting and horrible nights shooting... this doesn't apply tonight. As you have seen all season long, we win our games based off defense. Duke struggles against elite defensive teams and that is what we are. We are a veteran scrappy, hard nose defensive veteran team

Duke is young and while very talented, are inexperienced. I have seen flipowski go a couple of games scoreless and that is the key for us, to stop their inside game and force them to beat us from 3.

I think the Vols win this one by 5 points. Pretty or not does not matter as long as you advance. A win today gets us to the sweet 16 against a 16 seed or a 9 seed

Vols 64 Duke 59

We also get to play the refs today.
Now this is one thing you CAN count on. When it's the hillbillies vs blue bloods.....and they don't come any bluer than Dook, it's 5 on 8 for sure. I'll wager that Vescovi and/or JJJ will have 2 fouls each before second TV timeout.

Call me a dreamer folks, but I think Tennessee wins this one.

We have seen Tennessee have good nights shooting and horrible nights shooting... this doesn't apply tonight. As you have seen all season long, we win our games based off defense. Duke struggles against elite defensive teams and that is what we are. We are a veteran scrappy, hard nose defensive veteran team

Duke is young and while very talented, are inexperienced. I have seen flipowski go a couple of games scoreless and that is the key for us, to stop their inside game and force them to beat us from 3.

I think the Vols win this one by 5 points. Pretty or not does not matter as long as you advance. A win today gets us to the sweet 16 against a 16 seed or a 9 seed

Vols 64 Duke 59
I agree. If this game gets “pretty”, we are probably in trouble. It needs to be a down-in-the-mud, eye gouging, hair pulling, chain in the tights, Mid South Coliseum rasslin’ match. If the refs let us and we can muck it up, I think the young Dookie’s will get frustrated. Of course, we’ve all seen Duke get favorable whistles. It should be interesting.

After sleeping on it…I still think we lose this one. Wouldn’t be shocked if the game isn’t particularly close. Fingers crossed I’m wrong

I picked the 10+ Vol victory because I just don't think the Vols can pull out a close one vs Duke and I'm a homer. Call me cynical but over the years I've seen so many 50/50 calls go Dukes way. I guess in a way they are Americas college team. Not sure who has the most fans nationwide but I'm sure they are in the mix. Refs are fans and most are basketball junkies and a lot of them grew up pulling for Duke. The only thing that gives me a decent feeling is Coach K is gone, some to most Refs were intimidated by him.

SEC is battle tested this season more than any other conference. Look at who's in who's out. Tougher team will win this one. Refs have been letting them battle so far. Going to be bloody.

Agree with the sentiment that no outcome would be a surprise. We haven’t been playing great basketball for a while now, maybe we’re due a breakout game? Then again, losing with the door wide open to the elite 8 would be a very Tennessee thing to do.

I think if we shoot well we win. High probability that we play good D and likely that we clean up the turnovers somewhat compared to Thursday.

I have tons of hope...not a lot of faith, and trying to enjoy the utter Madness this March has been. We will be the best defensive team they've seen all year. We can beat them.

Reactions: GRRN7MAXIMS

With Purdue AND Mempiss State going down and the bracket opening up, it's a golden opportunity for our program. The door is wide open for us to step through with a win over Duke. We couldn't have asked for a better road to the elite 8/final 4. That's why I'm going to have to pick Duke. We just don't walk through those doors. Not our way. I know in my bones that Lucy is gonna pull that damned football away.....again. Nope. Not falling for it. Cup is secure. Bourbon at the ready. Full nega on this one. Fire away folks.

My sentiments exactly. No way Vols win this game. Hell would freeze over first.

Reactions: lynnh
With the game being in Orlando, I wonder what the split of the fans in the arena will be? Watching the first round it sounded and looked awfully Duke blue in the arena. With the other game being Furman vs. SDSU in Orlando I would assume everyone not wearing Duke gear will be pulling for the Vols.

To me, 70 is the key. If they get above that number, not sure we can win. Slow them down and they may get frustrated. Since they are very young, if we get ahead and get them frustrated, they are liable to press and make mistakes. They will play off of momentum swings, good or bad, so limit our scoring droughts and we will win. If they start playing with confidence, we will be in trouble.
If refs call 'ticks tack' fouls, that will also hurt us. Hopefully the game isn't dictated by a quick whistle.
JMO

Go Vols!!

It seems both team’s defenses of late are about equal, but Duke seems to be more in sync offensively. This could be a problem for us this afternoon.

My heart says Vols but my brain says Duke. I just don’t see this being a good matchup for us at all right now. With the upsets in our bracket though this game is HUGE and I hope they make me look stupid.

This bracket opening up makes me even more pissed about ZZ getting hurt. Just our luck.

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back