War in Ukraine

For those of you who dont speak nerd, the propellers were moving too fast for the camera to catch ALL of their movement, so what comes through looks choppy.

What I didnt see explained is whether this was on purpose to show the damage, or if all their camera/video have that limitation.
What “limitation”?

I rarely look at this thread. So forgive if my questions are common knowledge.

Are our drones there at the request of Ukrain, or NATO?
Do we have (or need) permission to fly in their airspace if they didn't request?
If Russian pilot's intent was to down our drone, why not use weapons instead?

Do we have (or need) permission to fly in their airspace if they didn't request?

The drone was over international waters. We have every right to be there.

To your last question, I think they wanted to bring it down as intact as possible so that they could study it and try to reverse engineer it.

Reactions: McDad

They didn't use weapons because they want to preserve it as much as possible to study it.

Also, look at how the US reacted last month over weather balloons. But we are apoplectic about the Russians downing a drone in the Black Sea.

Reactions: McDad and Gandalf

We were in international airspace Mcdaddio we don’t need anybody’s permission to operate there.

The Pentagon has stated they don’t think it was intentional they just think the pilot is an incompetent moron. Think back about a decade when that Chinese pilot ran into our EP-3 it’s most similar to that I’d say.

You are technically correct. Now let's see how consistent you are. How would we react if Russian or Chinese drones were in the Gulf of Mexico?
We wouldn’t run into them due to pilot incompetence that’s for damn sure. And Russian aircraft routinely penetrate the air space around Alaska so why didn’t you bring that up you disingenuous lying troll?

They didn't use weapons because they want to preserve it as much as possible to study it.

Also, look at how the US reacted last month over weather balloons. But we are apoplectic about the Russians downing a drone in the Black Sea.
Good luck getting to it in 5000 feet of water. They couldn’t even manage to keep their flagship afloat after a terrible smoking accident but they’re gonna conduct a recovery mission in water that deep 😂🤡

Not gonna lie, idk why they just didn’t shoot it down. A spy drone, used to spy on Russian positions, to kill Russians. We are in a war with Russia, it might not be a foot on ground war but we/nato are at war.

If nato were actually at war with Russia - pooty would be out of a job right now.

If nato were actually at war with Russia - pooty would be out of a job right now.
We’re not in an all hands on deck war. We’ve been fighting Russia/Chechnyaians and Iran since Iraq/Afghanistan. A proxy war is still a war. There is American machinery in Ukraine killing Russians(which I’m for protecting your country and sovereignty). That won’t ever be forgotten.

We were in international airspace Mcdaddio we don’t need anybody’s permission to operate there.

The Pentagon has stated they don’t think it was intentional they just think the pilot is an incompetent moron. Think back about a decade when that Chinese pilot ran into our EP-3 it’s most similar to that I’d say.

Wasn't it 2 passes? If so it was intentional and our Pentagon is nothing but liars.

Reactions: McDad

There is a small difference in flying something over international waters than flying something over Topeka, Kansas.

VN Store

Back