‘23 VolNation Bracket contest. $250 gift card plus custom user title for the winner

Anyone else go thru and carefully select each game and then when you get to the FF you're like WTF??
I feel ya there. I have a 1, 5, 5, 6 as we speak but I’m gonna be changing that. I have a very hard time placing Alabama and Purdue in the final 4. There’s just something I see in them that tells me they will have a game where the offense doesn’t perform well (aka Edey for Purdue) and they get beat. Also, I don’t trust Nate Oats’ whining and begging tactics over coaching to win out through the end of the tournament.

I used the wrong user name when I entered the contest,anyone know how I change it to the correct one?Thanks ahead!

Every time I go to fill out a bracket, a little bile rises out of my gut because I just don't see how Bama doesn't make the Final Four...ugggg

I used the wrong user name when I entered the contest,anyone know how I change it to the correct one?Thanks ahead!
Just change your bracket entry name to your VN account name. You should see a little settings icon that you can click and rename your bracket. If you are doing it on your phone through the tournament challenge app, you can create your bracket and complete it, then click the 3 dot icon on the top right and rename it.

Attachments

• 05E16F6C-8BA4-4E65-9220-1994FC95FB99.jpeg
    05E16F6C-8BA4-4E65-9220-1994FC95FB99.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
  • EE0124FF-D5EE-4CB1-820D-2D10460F9319.jpeg
    EE0124FF-D5EE-4CB1-820D-2D10460F9319.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: mrmax86
For those of us who have ESPN+, the bracket predictor is very handy. I put a lot of weight into their "recent games power ranking". Guess who's Number 1 in that? Duke...

For those of us who have ESPN+, the bracket predictor is very handy. I put a lot of weight into their "recent games power ranking". Guess who's Number 1 in that? Duke...
So in other words, that predictor may have some recency bias flaw in it.

So in other words, that predictor may have some recency bias flaw in it.
Not overtly...there are predictions, and then there are ancillary ranks below it that you can also use. Although, recency matters. A team that SUCKED early on in the season could have it put together now and make a run, and they'd be more likely to do that then most metrics say, since they have to include the whole season in them.

Just change your bracket entry name to your VN account name. You should see a little settings icon that you can click and rename your bracket. If you are doing it on your phone through the tournament challenge app, you can create your bracket and complete it, then click the 3 dot icon on the top right and rename it.
Thank You!!

Mike Honcho's Poncho is here to put all of you to shame.

(By shame I mean actively feeling bad for me when I finish in the bottom half of the league. I suck at these picks).

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back