Rickea Jackson is coming back!

They’re spooked
I doubt UConn is spooked. If they get all majors injury free they will be the favorites next year.

Rickea is so consistent in pretty much every game and without her this year several more losses would have been on the books. She deserves to be an All American this year.

Help Miles and Wynn find a school where they can be successful at. Then go in the portal and grab the best defender/facilitator PG that is available. Improve the defense and get more flow on offense. And you got a chance to have a special season.
We will have a great season with them. Kellie and staff are great at developing talent!

The flipside is that myself and many, many others were all outrageously, completely, and absolutely WRONG in complaining about the way in which Kellie applied this discipline. In the history of wrongness, there has never been a more "wronger" statement. Even Charles H. Duell the Commissioner of US patent office, who in 1898, proposed closing the office because "everything that could be invented had been invented" was not as wrong as we were. The dude who said the internet was just a fade was not as wrong as we were. People who put mayonnaise on french fries are not wrong as we were (though that one is pretty dang close).
You left out “Dewey defeats Truman” and yes the complainers were even wronger than that!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I doubt UConn is spooked. If they get all majors injury free they will be the favorites next year.

Rickea is so consistent in pretty much every game and without her this year several more losses would have been on the books. She deserves to be an All American this year.

I agree. CT will supplant SC next year if everyone is healthy. And watching Rickea this year was one of the best things about the entire year for me. If she figures out how to avoid getting picked when the defense collapses on her during that one particular spin-move she makes, she may literally become unstoppable. My jaw dropped so many times this season watching that gorgeous fading jumper from mid-range.

I just hope we get a couple elite guards in the transfer portal to play point and the wing. No offense intended but Walker and Powell just werent the answer and we need beast at the point.
We've seen the importance of Tamari as an "on second thought", to a driver
Tamari says...
"You want some peanut butter to go with this,,,"Jam"

I agree. CT will supplant SC next year if everyone is healthy. And watching Rickea this year was one of the best things about the entire year for me. If she figures out how to avoid getting picked when the defense collapses on her during that one particular spin-move she makes, she may literally become unstoppable. My jaw dropped so many times this season watching that gorgeous fading jumper from mid-range.

The weakside reverse-pivot fade,
is the perfect counter-move to a
strongside reverse pivot drive.

A player can use the upfake either way and go to a strong countermove and keep the defender not knowing if you're going right or left"

On second thought, with the emergence of Jillian Hollingshead and Karoline Striplin in addition to the return of All-SEC duo Rickea Jackson & Tamari Key, Tennessee is my preseason #1. Key never was healthy this year and that was even before the season apparently. Puckett, Darby, Wynn, Miles, and Pissott are all players that can bring depth to the roster next season. It’s a certainty that this staff after dominating the portal last season will sign players to complete the roster. The only remaining factor is health which played a role in slowing but not stopping the LVs from peaking this year. Tennessee right now is as good as any team heading into the NCAA tourney and 2023-2024.
Now let me get back to this LSU replay.. where the Lady Vols put the entire WCBB on notice!

Last edited:
I hated the prolonged not starting, it was definitely a "thing" in the arena and on the bench. However, I'm pretty sure KJH was not one bit harsher than she thought she had to be to hold her locker room together and to help the player in question....

A case of
You have to break a thoroughbred without breaking it's spirit
or
you can break a horse and its spirit

One wins races
the other,,,watches

Tennessee deserves the same kind of hype people are giving UCONN for next season with the announcements from Tamari Key and Rickea Jackson. Tennessee is a top 5 team next season and still room to add additional talent through the portal.
that was a whole nuther thread

It's different for Horston, IMO. I know she loves Tennessee, her teammates and her coaching staff. She also loves the fans, but she is also a particularly deeply sensitive woman who has taken a LOT of abuse from fans on social media. A LOT. And she has been regularly hurt by it. Her family has been regularly hurt by it. Could that be a factor in her decision? Maybe. I hate to think the minority of ugly fans have that much power, but, really, there's only so much a person can take. And don't respond with, "They shouldn't be on social media, anyway!" ... because that's just part of being a young person today. They care a LOT what people are saying about them on the internet. It is what it is.

Jordan has been the heart and soul of this team for the past couple of years now. Any fans that would abuse someone who's giving it her all every game for this team needs a reality check. These young women are just that. They aren't some NBA stars running their mouths, they work hard every single day. They aren't making 7 figures like many of the top coaches out there, so they don't deserve the criticism - that should be on the coaching staff.

To truly be a contender next year, the Vols need to add an athletic guard with some legitimate scoring ability--not necessarily a big scorer, but
somebody who's athletic and confident enough to make some shots. I thought Powell might be that guard--and maybe our coaches did as well--but
I guess it hasn't quite worked out. I really don't quite see why Walker plays more than Powell--defense, maybe? Walker is a pretty good defender, but she doesn't give us enough on the offensive end. There are times when you need your point guard to score and create more than she does. Walker just doesn't shoot well enough--0-6 against LSU, for example-- and not enough size. You need a diverse offense to win a national title; it can't just be throw the ball to Jackson and hope she scores; or throw the ball to either Jackson or Horston (who is not as consistent as Jackson).

The emergence of Hollingshead has been a positive. She's got a nice mid-range game, has size, is gaining in confidence, and should be even better next year. She needs to work on her defense as she got beat a lot in the LSU game--as did Striplin.

We also need an //athletic wing//--somebody at least 6' feet with some //quicks,// who can defend 1v1, rebound, give us some quality minutes. Doesn't have to be a major scorer--but isn't a major liability either. We need to improve our team athleticism/quickness and our man defense--which is not good overall. In some ways it's what we'd want to get out of Puckett. She showed as a freshman that she's got qualities, but her man defense is iffy and I think she's lost confidence this year--because her minutes are down and because I think she presses a bit, which is natural, when you're only getting limited minutes and you want to make a mark.

It's different for Horston, IMO. I know she loves Tennessee, her teammates and her coaching staff. She also loves the fans, but she is also a particularly deeply sensitive woman who has taken a LOT of abuse from fans on social media. A LOT. And she has been regularly hurt by it. Her family has been regularly hurt by it. Could that be a factor in her decision? Maybe. I hate to think the minority of ugly fans have that much power, but, really, there's only so much a person can take. And don't respond with, "They shouldn't be on social media, anyway!" ... because that's just part of being a young person today. They care a LOT what people are saying about them on the internet. It is what it is.

Like if she and her family did not sign on here that her teammates and friends would not do so and ask her about her feelings on the issues. One of the least cerebral arguments ever.

There isn’t a more talented basketball player in WCBB this year or next year than Rickea Jackson. It’s amazing how sports media works to push narratives driven by sports analysts with the hype through fans in athletics but if anyone sits and watch games without being bias it’s easy to come to the conclusion that Rickea Jackson is a rare talent. No other player on the collegiate level now or next season is a better basketball talent than RJ.
SECN said as much last night, only knock was this is her first NCAAT. Can’t promote players that can’t make it to the dance.

Like if she and her family did not sign on here that her teammates and friends would not do so and ask her about her feelings on the issues. One of the least cerebral arguments ever.

Whether it's "cerebral" or not is completely irrelevant. The FACT is, today's players and family members are very much plugged into all forms of social media, and so it is always possible that anything said about them is going to be read, and internalized, by them. For certain, their monitoring of social media takes far higher priority than is healthy for any of them because of how casual fans can be with mean-spirited and hurtful comments and judgments, but it is now part of the culture -- like it or not.

We also need an //athletic wing//--somebody at least 6' feet with some //quicks,// who can defend 1v1, rebound, give us some quality minutes. Doesn't have to be a major scorer--but isn't a major liability either. We need to improve our team athleticism/quickness and our man defense--which is not good overall. In some ways it's what we'd want to get out of Puckett. She showed as a freshman that she's got qualities, but her man defense is iffy and I think she's lost confidence this year--because her minutes are down and because I think she presses a bit, which is natural, when you're only getting limited minutes and you want to make a mark.

“if” Ace becomes available, CKH needs to get it right the second time. Fast athletic SG/wing that score from the outside and create shots. As well as get the ball up and down the court off rebounds.

VN Store

Back