Umpire Involved in Ejection

preacherman20

He was not the one who ejected but guess who was involved in the ejection of ASU coach for 20 second time delay rule. The worst part of post-game is coach says I didn't know the rule. That is the problem with so many coaches is they do not study the rules. Every coach should read the rule book every year at least once to know the rules back and forth. I would spend some money and bring in a college umpire to talk to my kids and my staff about all the nuances about the rules. Coach Anderson does a thing with the pitchers where he asks them weird baseball rules. Love this.

I love it. No reason to take more than 20 seconds to throw a pitch. No reason to step off without doing anything more than once a batter. Pitch and hit. No reason for all the junk. No one goes to watch a batter, pitcher or base coach take too long. When I called pitches, I used to quick pitch every batter who stood around without getting time As an umpire I let you have one time per at bat. If the pitcher had the ball and was ready, he could pitch. Too much look at me mentality today.

baseball shouldn’t take more than 3 hours to play no matter how much I enjoy it. Batters adjusting their batting gloves and stepping out of batters box on every pitch just slows down the game. Pitch on and batter up! 👍👊😀🍊😃
Speaking of gear...Think it was Moore who bats with sunglasses on? Gotta be honest, I've tried hitting a golf ball with sunglasses on and damned if I cannot do it. Guess if the sun bothers him, so be it, but I'm just don't know how he does it.

I agree with everyone on here who says the new rules are fine and we need to speed the game up. I submit the following for evidence in support (in case you missed it when it happened last season):

In an MLB game (the world's highest form of the game,) a batter received strike three....and then struck out on the next pitch, strike four.

The ump messed up, big deal, right? Actually, a huge deal because not one of the nine fielders noticed and screamed about. Not their teammates, not the manager, no one. When your game is so boring even the players don't care to pay attention.... action to fix such must be taken.

I'm with the ASU coach all the way on this. The new rules are a joke. They are hurting baseball. There was nothing wrong with baseball. If you think the game itself goes to long - then go watch checkers!!!!
I’m a baseball purist, but I’m beginning to like these rules a lot. No time to adjust the cup on national television/ streaming anymore.

Fun fact.

Whether the game takes 2 hours and 30 minutes or 3 hours and 30 minutes:

the winning team will have to record 27 outs. Run rule / DH games aside.

Taking away dead time between pitches isn't taking away any baseball from you. It's taking away "athletes standing around" from you and letting you use the time you save to do whatever in this world that you want to do.

What should be the focus is whether or not they've gone "too far", and considering that I have seen some pitch clock calls against batters [which shouldn't happen except in egregious cases] I might be with you on that argument!

But... let's be real. Would you be happier if there were 30+ seconds between every pitch, every game taking well over 4 hours... would you feel like you're getting more baseball in such a world? Or are you getting the same amount of "baseball", just spread out unnecessarily over a longer period of time?

If they want to speed up the games they should speed up the reviews. I have no problem with the time clock on pitchers and hitters adjusting gloves, scratching balls and other time wasting activities.

Not picking on your and others like/dislike of time clock (haven't decided my pro/con yet)

But, the fact is... blame E$PN & Di$ney Iger the $EC, N$AA, etc., this has nothing to do with the players or the game... it's about money and tv program scheduling. I'd rather they get rid of some commercials, shorten the time between innings, limit reviews to coach with 2 challenges/ game, etc., but that's not going to happen.

Love the time clock rule. I sat thru some college games my son played in that approached 4 hours. Too many pitchers used in an inning was usually the reason. I also think college baseball should adopt the MLB 3 batter rule. Switching pitchers to get the lefty/lefty matchup for one AB is maddening. Few 9-inning games should be longer than 3 hrs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Love the time clock rule. I sat thru some college games my son played in that approached 4 hours. Too many pitchers used in an inning was usually the reason. I also think college baseball should adopt the MLB 3 batter rule. Switching pitchers to get the lefty/lefty matchup for one AB is maddening. Few 9-inning games should be longer than 3 hrs.
Hear, hear.

Game timing decisions and gamesmanship will become huge. Pitch outs, throws to first…I imagine shift restrictions are incoming. Not such a big deal in D1 ball…yet.

VN Store

Back