Is The 1/6 Commission Coming?

You keep saying that but what he is reported as saying match up...either they watched it and had access or they didn't because it wasn't allowed until now which is what he said...I'm sorry it hurts your narrative...better luck next time
Then provide a link to a report which quotes him as saying that, but not another link to a right wing site, I don't believe he said that, because it doesn't make sense.

Then provide a link to a report which quotes him as saying that, but not another link to a right wing site, I don't believe he said that, because it doesn't make sense.
here's the link to the tweet... Take if for what you want...I can't make a person who chooses to be blind see...good luck sir

Capitol Police provided more than 14,000 hours of Jan. 6 footage to lawmakers

I'm sure you can understand why I believe that some context of a more specific nature is missing from the footage Bennie Thompson was talking about.

so they had access to a 1/3 of the available footage (41,000 turned over by McCarthy). The Cap Police turned over a chosen subset and the J6 showed the public a much smaller subset of that subset.

what's wrong with the public seeing what was left out?

The article doesn't say they gave it to the J6 committee...tho does it
In a way it does, because that article specifically says that the Capitol Police gave 14,000 hours of surveillance camera footage to the House Administration Committee. The date of that article is from March 29, 2021. Rep. Zoe Lofgren was the Chair of that committee at the time ... and she was also on the January 6th Committee as well. She had access to it. So, that wouldn't jive with what Thompson said at all, which is why I still think his statement is missing some context of a more specific nature.

so they had access to a 1/3 of the available footage (41,000 turned over by McCarthy). The Cap Police turned over a chosen subset and the J6 showed the public a much smaller subset of that subset.

what's wrong with the public seeing what was left out?
There is nothing wrong with that.

There is something wrong with showing a small group of people being friendly to each other ... and then trying to frame that as being indicative of what was happening everywhere else in the building that day. There was a mixture of calm, non-violent people in the Capitol ... with the Proud Boys and other hellraisers. Nobody is saying otherwise.

There is something wrong with showing a small group of people being friendly to each other ... and then trying to frame that as being indicative of what was happening everywhere else in the building that day. There was a mixture of calm, non-violent people in the Capitol ... with the Proud Boys and other hellraisers. Nobody is saying otherwise.
So then there was something wrong showing a small group vandalizing and assaulting people and trying to frame that as being indicative of what was happening everywhere correct?

Reactions: AM64
So then there was something wrong showing a small group vandalizing and assaulting people and trying to frame that as being indicative of what was happening everywhere correct?
I don't know of anyone who did that ... but if someone said that every protestor who entered the Capitol was violent? Then that was a lie. I'm just not aware of anyone who did that.

but the J6 committee only showed one side and framed it as being indicative of what was happening everywhere else...

the only way we can get the full picture sadly is for 2 biased outlets to provide their carefully chosen footage - until now we only got 1 of the biased versions.

I don't know of anyone who did that ... but if someone said that every protestor who entered the Capitol was violent? Then that was a lie. I'm just not aware of anyone who did that.
Umm the J6 committee took a small portion and did just that...used it to say J6 was a violent insurrection..in which it wasn't by all available footage

I don't believe Carlson claimed every protestor was peaceful.

The point is he is not being more hyperbolic and selective in his presentation than the J6 committee was in theirs.

It's unfortunate we need both to start to come close to a fuller understanding of the entirety of the situation.

Umm the J6 committee took a small portion and did just that...used it to say J6 was a violent insurrection..in which it wasn't by all available footage
Let's be clear that not every member of Congress, who is calling the Capitol breach of January 6, 2021 a "violent insurrection" is on the January 6th Committee .... or even a Democrat.

Sen. Mitch McConnell rebukes RNC, calls Jan. 6 'violent insurrection'

It did meet the definition of an insurrection .... but I'm not getting into yet another debate over it.

Do you have a link to the CNN interview where he said that? I was just on CNN.com and I couldn't find it. It wasn't on either their home page or their politics page. The only places I see that comment being attributed to him are right-wing media ... and in tweets from conservatives.

I'm open to believing what you're saying, but if he said that to CNN .... I want to see it from CNN.
sure, CNN will make it very easy to find the link to their content that totally contradicts everything they have spent the last 2 years trying to convince us all of 🙄

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Let's be clear that not every member of Congress, who is calling the Capitol breach of January 6, 2021 a "violent insurrection" is on the January 6th Committee .... or even a Democrat.

Sen. Mitch McConnell rebukes RNC, calls Jan. 6 'violent insurrection'

It did meet the definition of an insurrection .... but I'm not getting into yet another debate over it.
You realize that MC is loathed outside of KY..by most conservatives....and the FBI which y'all love admitted it wasn't an insurrection by definition u til the definition changed

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Ok this is getting ridiculous. Now we have the current House forming committees to investigate the committees of the previous House. This is another waste of Congress’s time and money. Bring the information out into the light and let the people form their own opinions.
Uh…the purpose of the committee would be to „bring the information out into the light“ 🙄

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Now we have the current House forming committees to investigate the committees of the previous House. This is another waste of Congress’s time and money. Bring the information out into the light and let the people form their own opinions.
Unfortunately “the people” don’t get to enact the Justice that should be served.

Reactions: AM64
I don't believe Carlson claimed every protestor was peaceful.

The point is he is not being more hyperbolic and selective in his presentation than the J6 committee was in theirs.

It's unfortunate we need both to start to come close to a fuller understanding of the entirety of the situation.
He has come very close to that. Tucker Carlson only cares about ratings. He makes bad faith arguments to his viewers, because he understands that an echo chamber is what the Fox News viewership wants. He does not believe the opinions that he expresses on his show. He is playing a character. It's all an act.

The stated mission of the January 6th Committee was never to give a blow-by-blow account of every movement within the Capitol on 1/6/21. Their mission was to focus on the acts of violence, theft and vandalism .... and determine who was responsible for that criminality and hold them publicly accountable for it. Nobody said there were peaceful and law abiding citizens who entered the Capitol that day ... because that had nothing to do with why the committee was formed.

No the purpose of the committee is the same as the last one. More partisan douche baggery . The last one was a waste of time so is this one.
Every hour Congress „wastes“ doing ANYTHING other than passing more useless laws is time well spent in my opinion. Committee hearings keep them from messing things up more

Reactions: AM64 and 825VOL

VN Store

Back