Vols/Cavs tickets

thebane5

Havent' seen anything in the tickets forum on this. Anyone know when tickets will go on sale for the game against UVa in Nashville?

Havent' seen anything in the tickets forum on this. Anyone know when tickets will go on sale for the game against UVa in Nashville?

I contacted TN ticket office and was told to go through Nisan. I haven’t seen a date but Tix are expensive on secondary market.

Last edited:
UT is sending out codes for the pre sales based on priority. UT has several days of pre sales starting tomorrow. Nissan’s pre sale is after that and then the tickets are open to general public.

Could have been playing a real team in Provo but Dr Danny needed to nickel and dime the fan base more

Wah wah wah.
Is there any advantage in scheduling VA over canceling BYU? I guess you could say distance but UT fans travel anywhere in numbers so that doesn’t really apply. What was most pathetic was that Dr Danny lied and said BYU wanted to cancel even though BYU didn’t have an opponent scheduled when the cancellation was announced while we did. We also had to pay them and not the other way around. The local media out there then reported that UT cancelled and Dr Danny was lying.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Is there any advantage in scheduling VA over canceling BYU? I guess you could say distance but UT fans travel anywhere in numbers so that doesn’t really apply. What was most pathetic was that Dr Danny lied and said BYU wanted to cancel even though BYU didn’t have an opponent scheduled when the cancellation was announced while we did. We also had to pay them and not the other way around. The local media out there then reported that UT cancelled and Dr Danny was lying.
Advantages. 1.)More Tennessee fans can go to game. At BYU, 10,000 at most be able to get tickets. At Nissan, over 50,000 will probably get tickets. 2.)Tennessee makes more money. 3.) Breaking in a new team with a lot of new starters but UVA should still be a win. BYU might be but no guarantee. 4.) Although you want to play @BYU for some reason there is no real benefit. Vols will be ranked the same with wins over either team.

Yeah. Danny White has been awful. Clearly in over his head and doesn't know what he's doing. Fahr Doctur Danny! :rolleyes:

Advantages. 1.)More Tennessee fans can go to game. At BYU, 10,000 at most be able to get tickets. At Nissan, over 50,000 will probably get tickets. 2.)Tennessee makes more money. 3.) Breaking in a new team with a lot of new starters but UVA should still be a win. BYU might be but no guarantee. 4.) Although you want to play @BYU for some reason there is no real benefit. Vols will be ranked the same with wins over either team.
1 more don't have to see highlights of the last BYU game with that idiot Beldar

Reactions: OrangeVolMan
Yeah. Danny White has been awful. Clearly in over his head and doesn't know what he's doing. Fahr Doctur Danny! :rolleyes:
Never said we should fire him, haven’t even said he’s been a failure here. I’ve got a lot of confidence in him but I’m going to call out his errors and lack of ethics in this instance and in repeatedly gouging the fans. I’ll also be fair and state that those are the only complaints so far. It’s interesting how many of our fanbase deify admins and coaches though. Nobody is above reproach.

Never said we should fire him, haven’t even said he’s been a failure here. I’ve got a lot of confidence in him but I’m going to call out his errors and lack of ethics in this instance and in repeatedly gouging the fans. I’ll also be fair and state that those are the only complaints so far. It’s interesting how many of our fanbase deify admins and coaches though. Nobody is above reproach.
It cost to be elite. I don’t mind paying if it is helping the University.

It cost to be elite. I don’t mind paying if it is helping the University.
We’re making great strides in multiple sports but we’re not elite in any of them yet. Baseball is the best argument for that but we’re still in the building phase. Football has made great strides ahead of schedule but we’re an arguable blue blood returning to form. Basketball has nice tournament continuity and some nice conference hardware but nowhere near elite and frankly elite will likely never be attainable for basketball. All this is on top of 15 years of lackluster sports we paid a premium for and loyally supported. If anything is owed to anyone, it’s the fans who slogged through that mess while paying a premium for it. We had the worst 2010-2020 decade of football of any SEC program relative to tradition, facilities, and capability and I’d challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

We’re making great strides in multiple sports but we’re not elite in any of them yet. Baseball is the best argument for that but we’re still in the building phase. Football has made great strides ahead of schedule but we’re an arguable blue blood returning to form. Basketball has nice tournament continuity and some nice conference hardware but nowhere near elite and frankly elite will likely never be attainable for basketball. All this is on top of 15 years of lackluster sports we paid a premium for and loyally supported. If anything is owed to anyone, it’s the fans who slogged through that mess while paying a premium for it. We had the worst 2010-2020 decade of football of any SEC program relative to tradition, facilities, and capability and I’d challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
The thing is, it was free during those bad years and the administration wasn’t asking for a lot extra. I’m not saying we’re elite yet but it’s not like we can start paying when we become elite we have to start building and then become elite.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Could have been playing a real team in Provo but Dr Danny needed to nickel and dime the fan base more
A real team?....They went 8-5 last year...We would demolish them on thier home field...UVA IMO is a more attractive team....Plus I love beating UVA in anything...Something about those 1980's loss's in football and basketball that still sticks in my side.

Doctor Danny wants to make sure that plenty of Tennessee fans are afforded the chance to go to this game.

VN Store

Back