Coaches Poll

I don't think it's exactly disrespect, I think it's more a fool me once distrust. This has been going on for a couple of years. Every time they rank us highly, we tank. IMO the high preseason ranking was the last straw. Gonna be awhile before they trust us again, understandably.

The high rankings was before TK had blood clots and Marta left with family sickness! Just Saying! 🤷‍♂️

I would rank us between 17th and 23rd based on our play over the last few weeks. Yes, we played a really tough schedule, and we should, we are Tennessee. This season we have new faces in new places, injuries, we have lost players to career ending and family illness, different rotations, and we have had discipline issues. None of this is uncommon to other teams or programs who are performing better than us. I believe we are not ranked due to overall inconsistency and instability in our play on the floor, and lack of trust. I believe that the voters in the coaches poll no longer trust Tennessee to hold up their end of the bargin when it comes to being ranked. Every ranked team we play is an opportunity to prove we belong or at lease show that we are on the way back to being the Tennessee of years past, but we are not getting the job done. Could it be that the voters of coaches poll are saying to us, we know you have talent, we know your tough and have heart, but can you perform up to the level of your talent and the level of your tradition? Tonight, we have an incredible opportunity against South Carolina, and I am pulling for our team to seal the deal. Go Lady Vols.

I would rank us between 17th and 23rd based on our play over the last few weeks. Yes, we played a really tough schedule, and we should, we are Tennessee. This season we have new faces in new places, injuries, we have lost players to career ending and family illness, different rotations, and we have had discipline issues. None of this is uncommon to other teams or programs who are performing better than us. I believe we are not ranked due to overall inconsistency and instability in our play on the floor, and lack of trust. I believe that the voters in the coaches poll no longer trust Tennessee to hold up their end of the bargin when it comes to being ranked. Every ranked team we play is an opportunity to prove we belong or at lease show that we are on the way back to being the Tennessee of years past, but we are not getting the job done. Could it be that the voters of coaches poll are saying to us, we know you have talent, we know your tough and have heart, but can you perform up to the level of your talent and the level of your tradition? Tonight, we have an incredible opportunity against South Carolina, and I am pulling for our team to seal the deal. Go Lady Vols.
IS THAT SO

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have a different take. Polls are being used by sportswriters and coaches to promote interest in programs that traditionally have not fared well in the attendance area. Western voters are voting western schools and East Coast voters choose the coastal conferences. I would be curious to know who the coaches are that get a vote and what news outlets cast their opinions in the polls.

Tennessee shot itself in the foot with that ridiculous schedule with so many new additions to the team. I hope Kelly learned something. She is not starting a Holdsclaw, the Meeks and a Jolly.
Those teams had no problem playing Tennessee early and winning.

I have a different take. Polls are being used by sportswriters and coaches to promote interest in programs that traditionally have not fared well in the attendance area. Western voters are voting western schools and East Coast voters choose the coastal conferences. I would be curious to know who the coaches are that get a vote and what news outlets cast their opinions in the polls.
5934B720-FFBF-4824-A765-C51A9AE64F62.jpeg

Good grief, never heard of most of these people.
Bunch of mid-major coaches on that list voting for and pulling for mid major teams. You would think we would be getting at least one vote from Mike Neighbors considering we are the best team other than South Carolina that they have played this year and the overall a** whipping we put on Arkansas.

SFU Bounced Out in the Quarterfinal so that hurts Arkansas because now the American Athletic Conference will get two teams in.

No surprise, LV receiving not a single vote in the coaches poll. Meanwhile, Oregon, who has lost 7 conference games in a row and a total of 11 conference losses, is receiving votes.

They need to ban that coaches poll

Not that it matters much now, but I find it obscene that the coaches still have Tennessee unranked, meanwhile LSU remains #4.
I
If you look at the coaches involved in that poll, you can see that most of them are mid-major coaches. Apparently how they view the game is probably a reason they remain mid-major coaches.

I
If you look at the coaches involved in that poll, you can see that most of them are mid-major coaches. Apparently how they view the game is probably a reason they remain mid-major coaches.
Coaches pollster hate the Lady Vols ??

I

castle-nathan-fillion.gif

Coaches pollster hate the Lady Vols ??
I do think many of them are envious. We sat at the top of the polls for a lot of years. When you see teams in the coaches poll like UNLV for instance. Their record is good, but the only power 5 school they played was Oklahoma State and they lost by 25 points. Florida Gulf Coast loses to the Power 5 schools by big numbers, but they have a good record against mid-majors. Then you got Arizona polling at 21. They have lost their last 3 games and two of those teams probably won't make the tournament this year. So yes, I do think it is biased to maybe get some other's attention that would not otherwise get a lot of attention. I would love for the Lady Vols to run into Arizona in the sweet 16 or elite 8.

coaches won't vote for the LVs because none of them want to come to Knoxville for the first and second rounds --- that's my story and I'm stickin' to it

Coaches won't vote for LVs bc they have made them look foolish for doing so in the recent past...take this year,,,top four preseason, barley considered end of season.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me

VN Store

Back