Suggestions for attending first game?

jbuchanan

Trying to catch a UT baseball game for the first time on Tuesday. Been to plenty football games and a few basketball games. Any tips for a first timer? Sections to avoid? Parking situation? Any help is appreciated.

There are no “bad” seats in that small stadium, but the left field side/3rd base line gets blasted by the sun all game long during early games. I prefer the first base side.

Parking is available behind frat row, but can be tough to get if you are coming close to first pitch.

There is a direct relationship between strikeouts and queso, and if you forget the PA announcer will remind you. Frequently.

its a good time, and a better atmosphere than there has been at Tennessee baseball for many years. Enjoy!

Trying to catch a UT baseball game for the first time on Tuesday. Been to plenty football games and a few basketball games. Any tips for a first timer? Sections to avoid? Parking situation? Any help is appreciated.
Parking in the garage (what I call on top of Stokley Athletic Center) on Volunteer is good, assuming no event at the arena. Also parking behind the Music Building. The University of Tennessee - Campus Map

There’s really not any bad seats. I’ve never done the standing room only thing down the RF line.

If you can get a parking pass get one. Otherwise, there’s a couple pay lots, behind the scoreboard on Todd Helton but those go fast, and especially because school is in session, better get there early. I usually park in the bottom of Andy Holt and walk, but your car could get towed, it will happen to me one day, but not thus far. Hope that helps, not many food options, be prepared for that.

Hope you and yours have a blast and welcome to the board.

Here’s parking information for tomorrow’s game that came in a short time ago.

977683CC-A112-42D8-9341-322799D7DD25.png

There’s really not any bad seats. I’ve never done the standing room only thing down the RF line.

If you can get a parking pass get one. Otherwise, there’s a couple pay lots, behind the scoreboard on Todd Helton but those go fast, and especially because school is in session, better get there early. I usually park in the bottom of Andy Holt and walk, but your car could get towed, it will happen to me one day, but not thus far. Hope that helps, not many food options, be prepared for that.

Hope you and yours have a blast and welcome to the board.

I don’t think they do much towing after 5 or on weekends if there isn’t an event, but I could be wrong about that

Just get inside the stadium for the cheapest price possible. There will be plenty of good seats. Lots of the $$$ seats have been vacant. I moved from my regular seats to right behind home plate on Sunday because there were so many empties.

Parking in the garage (what I call on top of Stokley Athletic Center) on Volunteer is good, assuming no event at the arena. Also parking behind the Music Building. The University of Tennessee - Campus Map

Is this the same lot as b23 for football? We are getting tickets from an umpire friend and coming for our first game this weekend. How early do the lots open?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is this the same lot as b23 for football? We are getting tickets from an umpire friend and coming for our first game this weekend. How early do the lots open?
Sorry, I don’t park there for football, so I don’t know. Except for MVP parking behind right field and centerfield, there isn’t an attendant there for parking unless there’s some other event going on where they charge for parking.

S23 covers the lot behind the Music building, and the bottom couple floors of the Stokely (G16) garage I believe.

VN Store

Back