The Official Gonzaga @ Tennessee Series Thread (3/3 7:00PM EST SEC NET+) (3/4 6PM EST SEC NET+) (3/5 1PM EST SEC NET+)

My favorite thing about this series (besides winning every game big) is seeing Kyle Booker get going. He’s always had the tools. He just needed to put it together. A Dickey, Booker, Merritt OF could be a very good one if KB keeps playing to his potential.
CTV said Merritt is like having a bonus coach on the team, and that he's really doing a good job keeping that outfield focused and improving.

CTV said Merritt is like having a bonus coach on the team, and that he's really doing a good job keeping that outfield focused and improving.

He’s been a great addition. Also, as Dreiling continues to get better, the lineup we saw today could become the norm: Booker, Dreiling, and Merritt in the OF and Dickey at DH.

Gonzaga's starters seemed fine enough and held us at bay, but we feasted on their bullpen. What is scary is that SEC teams have starters AND good bullpens. It may come down to pitching vs. pitching for us this year. Can we suppress other SEC teams for 9 innings...I think we can. But boy, we need to get our hitting consistent from the "get go".

Reactions: greasemachine
Gonzaga's starters seemed fine enough and held us at bay, but we feasted on their bullpen. What is scary is that SEC teams have starters AND good bullpens. It may come down to pitching vs. pitching for us this year. Can we suppress other SEC teams for 9 innings...I think we can. But boy, we need to get our hitting consistent from the "get go".

Even though Vanderbilt was upset by a good Nebraska team, I still expect that series to be a heavy lifting task.
Vanderbilt has been usually been a consistent talented winning team in College Baseball much like Alabama has usually thrived greatly in College Football.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back