Game Thread: SEC FINAL; Lady Vols Vs SOU CAR...Sunday 3PM...ESPN

You can’t look to pass when no one is moving!

Jax was wide open on Walker's drive to the 6'7' tree. No vision, no sense or both... choose your poison, it's happened all year.

We can say they beat us underneath, but their guard play was 1000 times better on O than ours.
And Dawn has depth so there is no way she can look stupid on substitutions. Us... choose your poison.
We don’t use her right. We try to make her a traditional 4 or even 5. She is a stretch 4

If Key was playing, you might be right, especially when Darby has an off night shooting.

1st point. 2 guard position complete mismatch in this game. 2nd depth we had 3 AA from high-school they had 10+ . I give SC credit they are very very good. Jackson and Horston and Julian played well but not enough others without T Key to defend Post. She and Julian will be tough next year together if we can get some playmakers at 1-3 position. Week of rest and practice will be great for this team before Dance. Love the fight ladies. In CHRIST Alone

I did not get to watch but it sounds like we were really tired maybe yesterday took a lit iut if us. I also am concerned about the ability of our coaching staff. I have been a f0an of kellys but her substitute pattern is really strange. Puckett was a good shot at the first of the season but has lost her confidance maybe from setting and watching the munchkins run up and the court.

You can really see when we play these top teams that we need better guards on our team. Guards that can score points and shoot the three. If you had that and Horston and Jackson at the three and four would be so much better offensive team. Recruiting is the key to winning and making sure you don't have any weaknesses on your team. Right now our big weakness is no elite guards that can shoot the three.
Congrats to the team they played very hard in this tourney now let us see where we land in the NCAA. I think we can cause some real problems for some top seeds.

Stanford lost you know to UCLA on neutral court. So I dont know if they can beat SC either.

Actually, I thought UCLA played South Carolina better than just about anybody in the country this year, and on SC's homecourt. SC pulled out a 73-64 win but they were tied going into the 4th quarter.

Sorry, if that's Evina's Mom, she's spot on. Kellie went back to her "I don't like change" approach and the game separated in 3rd.
Spot on about sitting Jordon and Rickea because we were losing in the Forth?:???????????? Keep up.

There are several reasons South Carolina has won 38 consecutive games, not the least of which is they have more size and strength than anyone else, and all that size and strength also moves like much smaller, quicker players. Some of those sequences in the fourth quarter when we were trying to get rebounds under their basket it was almost comical to watch as SC arms were a dang foot longer in the air.

I am extremely proud of the Lady Vols. They gave their all for Tennessee and for each other and they can hold their heads high. SO. DARN PROUD!

Actually, I thought UCLA played South Carolina better than just about anybody in the country this year, and on SC's homecourt. SC pulled out a 73-64 win but they were tied going into the 4th quarter.
Ole Miss had them just had to make some of the free throws they missed. They had that game missed at least 10 free throws that would've won it over the game. Still tied in regulation lost in overtime.

Reactions: travis929
ESPN still sticking with 5 seed for us. They’re projecting us going to Villanova

There are several reasons South Carolina has won 38 consecutive games, not the least of which is they have more size and strength than anyone else, and all that size and strength also moves like much smaller, quicker players. Some of those sequences in the fourth quarter when we were trying to get rebounds under their basket it was almost comical to watch as SC arms were a dang foot longer in the air.

I am extremely proud of the Lady Vols. They gave their all for Tennessee and for each other and they can hold their heads high. SO. DARN PROUD!
They have a class that has been together for four years. They back them up with six more All Americans on the bench. If your ever going to beat them again you have to recruit close to what they are doing.

The Vols needed 3-pt shots to hang with a team like SC till the end. Tenn. was going inside way too much and SC had the weapons to combat that. We needed to bring the ball out a bit, make some 3s, but it just wasn't there. They fought though, more than I thought they would against this SC team.

VN Store

Back