• Defense was not consistent

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • No consistent post scorer

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Injuries

Votes: 157 45.4%

• Total voters

mtvols

Curious to everyone’s thoughts on what happened to this team. At one time we were 18-3, 8-1 in conference, and ranked as high as #2. We lost 6 of the last 10 games. Pick two reasons.

Lack of a go to player. Not as talented as we’d like to think.
Agree. Lack athleticism. Watch some of the other games across the country. Most good teams have players who can attack the rim and make a play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 67Vol
Fate: Something almost always seems to bite the Vols in the ass as the season comes to a close.

Last edited:
Barnes got $5 million and played footsie with UCLA. And he didn’t use his time outs. Oh. That’s 3.
Laughing! Y'all definitely nailed it from the BVS spectrum!

(But please use the blue font 'cause you know there are dozens of readers who really think that way, and the rest of us have to wade through their knee-jerk reactions to get to the good posts.)

Reactions: Lurker
Laughing! Y'all definitely nailed it from the BVS spectrum!

(But please use the blue font 'cause you know there are dozens of readers who really think that way, and the rest of us have to wade through their knee-jerk reactions to get to the good posts.)

I don’t use blue font anymore. I let the drive-byes get confused (also I forget the syntax since I’m on an iPhone).

I thought about selecting Inconsistent shooting from the outside and it is always a problem in the tournament but I truly believe it is because of the Offense we run.

This has been a constant problem in the past and there has been little if no adjustments made since Williams and Schofield departed.

It has been the same for years.

Not going to go with injuries. Even with the players that were out, we beat very good teams. We have a lot of depth and experience on the roster. The schedule got tougher away from home and we just can't score well enough to win big road games.

Reactions: tdd
Curious to everyone’s thoughts on what happened to this team. At one time we were 18-3, 8-1 in conference, and ranked as high as #2. We lost 6 of the last 10 games. Pick two reasons.
Obviously you thought post scorer since you put it twice. LOL

I would have said #1 a baller who wants the ball in his hand to score. You see that lack of baller/scorer/playmaker when the clock gets to 1 and they just throw it up.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Fate: Something almost always seems to bite the Vols in the ass as the season comes to a close.

As Pennington pointed out today - injuries to starters have damaged TN’s NCAAT prospects year after year. Kyle Alexander. Loyola-Chicago’s nun can’t dial up the miraculous bounce had KA already helped build up a lead. Fulkerson gets his face smashed by a thug playing for Florida in the SECT and sits out the NCAAT. Nkamhoua misses the end of last year and a very beatable Michigan goes off. Now ZZ’s season is done in the next to last regular season game. This **** doesn’t happen to most teams. Especially those that are still alive after the first week.

Lack of a go to player. Not as talented as we’d like to think.
This. It’s a below average shooting team that has no one that can drive the ball to the basket and no post players the opponent has to even consider double teaming. How difficult is it for a team to guard a team with that many offensive deficiencies? They’ve prolly overachieved this year considering their shortcomings. They also built a good record on a couple good OOC wins and the first half of their SEC schedule being full of bottom feeders.

As the season goes along other teams have a good scouting
report on us and a good coach can see the many holes in our
offense.

Injuries have sucked but for the most part it comes down to this: we don't have enough scorers. We need guys who have "put the ball in the hoop" skills. Seems like Vescovi is the only one who's a scoring first kind of guy

One reason: Can't score enough points on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Jdw2920

VN Store

Back