Will Squirrel White emerge as a top WR next year?

Agreed. Upchuck Crawford and Mincey both showed a lot of improvement. Mays will be a seasoned vet, as will Spraggins. D Davis, Lampley, A Nichols, and O Lane all got a lot of snaps last year.

So we really just need someone to take the LG and RT spots and hold them down.

I think Nichols takes the LG spot or they move Spraggins left and put Nichols on the right with Davis or Crawford at RT.

There's quite a bit of talent behind all of them, and the only unknown right now is who plays Center if Mays can't go.
Nichols worked there last year. I think he’s the Carvin type contingency plan. Campbell was heavily pursued for RT…his to lose and I don’t think he does.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Talk about someone who got overlooked last year. Ramel had some huge games for us taking over for an injured starter. The guy knows what he's doing and just makes plays.
He and Milton have good timing and rhythm…even better than he and Squirrel. Thornton has to work his way up to that. But when he does? He’s the most dangerous weapon in that group imo.

Reactions: LittleVol
Understand the Oregon transfer is a fast guy. Squirrel maybe the only guy who can stay up with Miltons bombs. I think we will have a formidable receiving corp,
I don't think he's super fast. Maybe like a 4.5 guy. But he has a big catch radius

We seem to have an embarrassment of riches with our WR corp. One that will apparently be led by the Albino Chipmunk and a bunch of Fe-Fi-Fo Fooms sized guys. I'm giddy imaging that with Javelin Joe piloting a B-1B Lancer firing AGM-158 JASSMs nukes at the enemy.

Source: Tennessee Football: Will Squirrel White emerge as a top WR next year?
We got big guys and small guys that can run and catch. We need em all. Just like we need every position tough. We’re gonna run and throw and attack ya. GBO

We got big guys and small guys that can run and catch. We need em all. Just like we need every position tough. We’re gonna run and throw and attack ya. GBO

Probably the reason ole Nicky is uneasy having Tennessee among his permanent rivals schedule. He, himself, referenced us as being resurgent. I'm so glad of living long enough to see us beat him. I truly think we'll do it again on their turf in 2023. I think he believes it too, thus the whining. We likely have the very type of weapons to do in a convincing manner now. I dare to also predict, despite it being their home this time around, Vols fans will flood their stadium and town in anticipation of a back-to-back beating of the toxic red algae team. I want us to liberally apply the copper sulfate to the algae, when we roll back the tide.

Nichols worked there last year. I think he’s the Carvin type contingency plan. Campbell was heavily pursued for RT…his to lose and I don’t think he does.
What is really exciting is that there’s going to be a lot of competition for those spots.

Hubbs also said that Lampley may get reps ar center because of how intelligent he is.

Reactions: butchna
Just bring them in and line them up and WGWTFA.

Our footVOL Team with JoeRocket and Nico are going to pile up the points and our boys on the D are going to prove they're much better than most believe.

Last season was our warm up and this season IS the year we prove to everyone that our Tennessee Vols are seriously BACK and we ARE here to stay!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Ratvol
Squirrel and Joe seem to have some chemistry. I could definitely see him emerging as the go to WR.
Yup. Certain QB/WR pairs just seem to have that ability to know exactly what the other is thinking and about to do. Hooker had it with Tillman. Milton seems to have it with Squirrel. Excited to see what they do in 2023

I think we have 4 receivers with the potential to be our #1. Squirrel is the most fun answer and the one I think who steps up, but it could be Bru, Thornton, or Keyton.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Running at it’s optimal level, I believe Heupel’s offense is organic and doesn’t limit itself to feeding a “number 1 receiver.” Death by 1000 cuts via 4-5 blades ideally. What we’ve witnessed the past two seasons with first Tillman then Hyatt was the result of Hooker reinventing himself on the fly in an ever involving offense and going to what he felt was the most reliable target. I don’t know if Milton will relatively spread it around more but I like to think he showed indications of doing just that in limited action last season. Succeeding quarterbacks ensconced in the scheme day one will prove or disprove that theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
It will be fun to watch them work as a unit, same at running back,Qb and O-Line. We need everyone clicking together, we have plenty of weapons in the passing and ground game. But I am just as excited about our defense as well. That’s the formula in football is having your weakest link strong as can be. It takes a total team effort to win championships.GBO!

Running at it’s optimal level, I believe Heupel’s offense is organic and doesn’t limit itself to feeding a “number 1 receiver.” Death by 1000 cut via 4-5 blades ideally. What we’ve witnessed the past two seasons with first Tillman then Hyatt was the result of Hooker reinventing himself on the fly in an ever involving offense and going to what he felt was the most reliable target. I don’t know if Milton will relatively spread it around more but I like to think he showed indications of doing just that in limited action last season. Succeeding quarterbacks ensconced in the scheme day one will prove or disprove that theory.
I wonder if they move Bru over to the right side of the field where Tillman was to give him more targets. Seems pretty apparent that like Hooker, Milton is a little more comfortable throwing to the right side of the field.

Bru will be the possession receiver that keeps the chains moving. Squirrel will be the haymaker
Don’t disagree but that wasn’t the question in the thread. The question was will squirrel white emerge as Tennessee top WR. I said no that would be Bru!

I’m looking forward to seeing the Squirrel Shuffle in the end zone a lot next season.

Go VOLS

Squirrel and Joe seem to have some chemistry. I could definitely see him emerging as the go to WR.
Exactly. White is the fastest WR we have and Milton and him seem to have a connection. Really think if Milton can be consistent and accurate that Squirrel can put up stupid numbers in this offense.

VN Store

Back