Game Thread: SEC tournament; Lady Vols v Kentucky,,Friday 8:15 PM, SEC network=win 80-71

Kentucky crying like they didn’t just play a completely different sport. I can see being upset if you lost a basketball game but this was a wrestling match. Facilitated 100% by the officials.
Also crying for a game where one of your players “petty” pulled Karoline Striplin’s hair on purpose. Disgusting

You know it’s a plus when posters are talking about a crowd that looked like the crowd at every other game today.. and about TN losing by 40 to a team they previously loss to by 8 behind questionable officiating; based on that team winning against a mediocre opponent today… TN has made Georgia and Kentucky both look like LSU made Georgia look today.
This win tonight feels so good… I’m about to sleep like a baby after a hot bottle!

Last edited:
22 turnovers in this game for Tennessee. That kept it very close. Team is a turnover machine. Without Rickea Jackson we would be a middle of the pack SEC team.

Beginning of SEC play we really cut down on the TOs. Kellie slacked off and they jumped right back up.

That’s one thing I love about Mulkey. You commit a turnover and her players head right for the bench. They already know. If you don’t value the basketball then she doesn’t value your playing time. Period. And that’s how it should be.

This is a game of possessions.

It’s the sec tournament. They have 2.

2 in the regular season, and then they equaled that in the last 3 days. We literally just beat this team on the road by 20. I figured this game would be closer because 1) it's tough to beat the same team twice in one week and 2) it's the SECT and Kentucky has been playing loose like they had nothing to lose (which they didn't). And as you've said, the refs certainly seemed invested in keeping this as close as possible.

As bad as Kentucky has been, they are 14th in the entire NCAA at turnovers forced per game (20.3), so really we were about average for what they do.

I agree we still shoulda/coulda won this by 15-20, but at this point, it's survive and advance.

Beginning of SEC play we really cut down on the TOs. Kellie slacked off and they jumped right back up.

That’s one thing I love about Mulkey. You commit a turnover and her players head right for the bench. They already know. If you don’t value the basketball then she doesn’t value your playing time. Period. And that’s how it should be.

This is a game of possessions.
It was three players doing most of it Horston 7, Powell 6, and Darby 3 which is unusual for her. That is 16. Rest of team had six.

Reactions: VolBall09
2 in the regular season, and then they equaled that in the last 3 days. We literally just beat this team on the road by 20. I figured this game would be closer because 1) it's tough to beat the same team twice in one week and 2) it's the SECT and Kentucky has been playing loose like they had nothing to lose (which they didn't). And as you've said, the refs certainly seemed invested in keeping this as close as possible.

As bad as Kentucky has been, they are 14th in the entire NCAA at turnovers forced per game (20.3), so really we were about average for what they do.

I agree we still shoulda/coulda won this by 15-20, but at this point, it's survive and advance.
One game doesn't reflect how you will play in another. Still LSU is a huge challenge especially if they hit 12 threes like they did against Georgia.

Fair point on the turnovers forced stat.

I am emotional and very frustrated after watching that. Probably go back and edit/delete a few posts later.

I was pretty hard on Sarah, but man, she has been struggling. She just can’t be on the floor right now. Makes no sense after the season she had last year. She lost all confidence for some inexplicable reason.

It was three players doing most of it Horston 7, Powell 6, and Darby 3 which is unusual for her. That is 16. Rest of team had six.

Darbys were trying to pass into the post and Jackson was being held. We had several turnovers that Jackson would normally catch if not for being held to the floor.

VN Store

Back