Game Thread: SEC tournament; Lady Vols v Kentucky,,Friday 8:15 PM, SEC network=win 80-71

2 bad passes by Powell and just got it stolen, all in a row

Powell also did not get the ball upcourt when the KY player was on the ground and another one was behind her.

She has poor instincts as a point guard. You have to take advantage of numbers. Instead she let them recover.

On another play she had poor awareness of who was behind her and was being loose with the dribble when it was stolen.

What does KJH see in Powell?

She’s actually a very good passer when she’s on her game. She just doesn’t always have it. What baffles me is the lack of scoring. She had a nice scoring punch at Minnesota but seems to have her hands tied under Harper. Makes her overthink everything.

Something I’m noticing Kellie does to her PGs. I think she’s EXTREMELY analytical, which is great, but that doesn’t always translate. Kellie had to think about what she was doing out there because she was slow and had bad knees. Some players just need to play.

Reactions: SandyO
Powell also did not get the ball upcourt when the KY player was on the ground and another one was behind her.

She has poor instincts as a point guard. You have to take advantage of numbers. Instead she let them recover.

On another play she had poor awareness of who was behind her and was being loose with the dribble when it was stolen.
Surely a nice girl, but a point guard she is not

Lobbing the ball into players who do not have great position or have two defenders close. We had 10 TOs in the half--and about 7 game from forcing
passes into the paint. It's like our players do not process well at times: You look and see if the pass is there. Also, you use bounce passes to get the ball inside--fundamental.
If they're doubling the post, where's the skip pass for an open three?

Yeah, I think there's something very inadequate going on at the AAU level of player development. Would like to see all USA girls under the influence of Kirby Schepp's coaching concepts.

We’re gonna jack around and lose this game. I can just feel it for some reason. Don’t like the energy and body language I’m seeing at all. It’s a closer game now than it was at the half.

How many layups does that make that we’ve missed? I can’t keep up for all the dumb turnovers we commit

Two different levels of contact at the goal by ALL these refs and it is getting old. They cannot foul us under there and we cannot defend.

VN Store

Back