'24 MS WR JJ Harrell (Mississippi State commit)

Next AJ Brown? 👀 similar measurables I bet and if he builds up his lower body he can be a machine.

Love that we plucked him right out from under Kiffin's nose. Sardis is like 30 minutes from Oxford.

But based on his early interest in State and never showing anything to Ole Miss, I have a feeling his family weren't Rebel fans. Probably a Bulldog family, but the question marks over that program helped us out.
AJ was 6'1/220. JJ is 6'2/170. Wouldn't say they have the same measureables

Next AJ Brown? 👀 similar measurables I bet and if he builds up his lower body he can be a machine.

Love that we plucked him right out from under Kiffin's nose. Sardis is like 30 minutes from Oxford.

But based on his early interest in State and never showing anything to Ole Miss, I have a feeling his family weren't Rebel fans. Probably a Bulldog family, but the question marks over that program helped us out.

Would’ve been more worried about Bama and UGA than little Ole Miss

Although in fairness, 170 isn't exactly 195 either. But predicting Pro Bowl careers from bad HS video is What We Do!
25 pounds in two offseasons (one monitored by P5?S&C) isn’t unrealistic…if we’re still in that fairness mode. 😏 I never do the D4H eye test video plunge myself.

25 pounds in two offseasons (one monitored by P5?S&C) isn’t unrealistic…if we’re still in that fairness mode. 😏 I never do the D4H eye test video plunge myself.

No, of course not, but on VN "similar measurables" means they both catch passes and run fast.

I certainly don't get as hung up on pro comparisons as a certain DB recruit's mom, but the level of subjectivity in such is considerable.

No, of course not, but on VN "similar measurables" means they both catch passes and run fast.

I certainly don't get as hung up on pro comparisons as a certain DB recruit's mom, but the level of subjectivity in such is considerable.
I wouldn’t compare a finished Pro Bowl product’s “measurables” to a high school junior’s. I would compare them at the same rate of adolescence tho. Would help if I could find an accurate weight for AJ during his junior prom. 😏

Reactions: SoilVol
I wouldn’t compare a finished Pro Bowl product’s “measurables” to a high school junior’s. I would compare them at the same rate of adolescence tho. Would help if I could find an accurate weight for AJ during his junior prom. 😏

Before or after the prom? He might've eaten big at the restaurant. Might have also lost big on the dance floor whilst he boogied the night away. Hard to tell.

AJ was 6'1/220. JJ is 6'2/170. Wouldn't say they have the same measureables
247 reports he's 6'2" 185lbs. Are you saying AJ Brown was 6'1" 220lbs as a junior in high school?

I meant as a style of play and size. He's got plenty of time and frame to build the muscle mass Brown has. That's why I mentioned increasing the lower body strength (which is is what sets Brown apart imo).

Although in fairness, 170 isn't exactly 195 either. But predicting Pro Bowl careers from bad HS video is What We Do!
Just giving the content everyone loves! Lol

But it actually says he's 185lbs on 247. Idk where he's getting 170. It's not like recruiting profiles ever lie about the actual heights and weights of athletes right? Lol

Reactions: SSVol
This is exactly what I was trying to do.

But now I feel bad for being on the same side as Butchna so I'm gonna have to rethink this.

Reactions: volinexile17
247 reports he's 6'2" 185lbs. Are you saying AJ Brown was 6'1" 220lbs as a junior in high school?

I meant as a style of play and size. He's got plenty of time and frame to build the muscle mass Brown has. That's why I mentioned increasing the lower body strength (which is is what sets Brown apart imo).

Depends on the frame tbh. Heights may be similar but it comes down to genetics. 35+ lbs from now to when he graduates could be possible but unlikely, imo. I'm thinking 205-210 at most but then again I'm not an expert.

This is exactly what I was trying to do.

But now I feel bad for being on the same side as Butchna so I'm gonna have to rethink this.
You’ve done way worse…and recently.

Depends on the frame tbh. Heights may be similar but it comes down to genetics. 35+ lbs from now to when he graduates could be possible but unlikely, imo. I'm thinking 205-210 at most but then again I'm not an expert.
You have some inside info on his Uncle Gus? There’s a difference of 25 lbs. You can count on a 10-15 lb gain if he enrolls early…alone. That and he’s already taller and may add more frame to fill out.

Yes that is exactly what 247 had him at
8FCF06F2-CDD5-4CB2-8408-4B475FA89F18.jpeg

Reactions: StanfordVol
Different AJ Brown. NFL AJ Brown is from Starkville, MS

View attachment 538670
And BOTH went to Ole Miss? 🤨

You’re right…my bad on that. I’ll just add this for context. It was just reported that Caleb Herring (who some resident experts claim is lightly framed) is currently 226 after enrolling in January at 205. That’s 21 pounds in less than 2 months. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 😎

Last edited:
I posted what he was listed at by Ole Miss as a freshman. You pull up a 247 of a current NFL player and you’re going to get their current measurables. YOU should know that…expert boy. 😏
Ole Miss had him as 6’1/225 freshman as I showed earlier. You showed an AJ Brown from Georgia. The pro AJ Brown is from Mississippi and this is his profile at Ole Miss
167F3F4D-E95D-48DC-84C4-4CC5D6702791.jpeg

VN Store

Back