'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

Tennessee has stepped up their efforts considerably for Baylor wide receiver Amari Jefferson. And talking to several people around the state, there is a great belief that Jefferson had the best junior season of any of the 2024 prospects. He is a dual sport star and obviously likes Tennessee since he is committed here for baseball.
March and early April will be a pivotal time for Jefferson as he will balance recruiting and baseball. He will see Georgia on March 4th, Alabama on the 11th, Tennessee on the 25th and and Clemson on April 1st. Others outside the Southeast are starting to swing harder here as well, but we believe there is a growing desire to stay closer to family when it is all said and done.
-VQ

We need to begin getting the better players from the Chattanooga area. No reason for them to go out of State if we resll want them.
There hasn't been high-end players in Chattanooga until recently so there hasn't been a reason too. Hamilton County set us so far behind everyone else in the state for football. It's bad. The players are going to private schools down here tho and competing for state rings finally tho

“Things are going great,” Jefferson said of his recruitment. “I can’t complain. I am in the middle of phases right now. I picked up a lot of offers recently. I am just kind of waiting it out and getting ready to take a lot of visits in March and the first part of April. I am going to work on narrowing my list down after that. I am kind of just taking it slow and letting things happen as they happen.”“My parents are big in my process,” Jefferson said of handling the fast-paced recruitment. “They are helping me a lot. We are talking through it all. We are talking about where I could see myself going and everything like that. We are going to be going on a lot of visits as a family, so it will give them a lot of opportunities to see what the school is like and help me make my list into a top school. I want wherever I go for them to be happy with where I am going and it to be a collective decision.”
Jefferson committed to Tony Vitello’s baseball program in June of 2021, well before his football recruitment started to surge. As he works through this new process, baseball still remains a vital part of his process. “It is a big piece of the process,” Jefferson said on this. “I want to play both sports in college. So, the school I end up committing to will be for both sports. That is also what I am looking for as I work toward my top schools. How good is their baseball program? How much do they want me to play baseball? Could I see myself playing both there? It is a big deal. I am going to have to make sure my relationship with both is good.”
“The conversation has picked up a lot,” Jefferson said of this. “I have talked with Coach Heupel a couple of times, and I have talked to Coach Pope almost every day. They have been telling me they are really excited to get me and my family back up there on the 25th. Coach Pope was telling me that everyone in the building has that day circled for when I will be up there and that they are really excited to continue to build our relationship and further get into things. I am excited to get back up there.” “It makes me feel like a big priority when the head coach of the program is talking to me multiple times a week,” Jefferson said. “Then the receiver coach talks to me every day. They told me the other day I was a big priority for this class, and they are going to prove it to me and continue to show it to me.”
“Just being a receiver, the fact they are throwing the ball around so much and spreading it out to multiple guys and not just one guy is big,” Jefferson said of the Tennessee offense. “I love touches, and so the fact they spread the ball out all over the place is what I like to see. That is going to be a big deal in my decision-making process.”“I think after I take my spring visits in March and April, I will narrow my list down in Mid-April. I am going to have a busy summer with it being the most important year for baseball with the draft evaluation and those big events with Perfect Game and throwing in trying to get officials set up. It is definitely going to be a busy summer, but I did it last year, so I am familiar with it.”
-VQ

My school plays Amari and Baylor in baseball to end the year. Will be a fun game. We got a hard schedule this year. Also play McCallie and others around the country. We have a really good team tho if we can develop some bullpen arms as the season goes along so that should be a high-profile game between two teams that made state last year

I think it's safe to remove the "BaseVols" commit from his thread title. This one is going to be a battle.

On3 4-star WR Amari Jefferson emerging as a national recruit

“As of right now, the plan is to go play football somewhere and walk onto the baseball team,” Jefferson told On3. “That’s where my head is right now and with talking with my parents, that’s how we’re looking at things. Just going to Tennessee to play baseball is definitely still an option, but it’s very unlikely, I think, right now.”

“I’ll say Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, I’d say those are the top schools right now,” said Jefferson, the No. 263 overall prospect and No. 43 wide receiver in the 2024 On300. “But that list can change soon, just depending on my visits and more offers I get.”

Either Clemson doesn't understand geography, they're desperate to be us after we lit them up, or Jefferson is sublimely telling us not to worry.

This kid is hell of a player.

But we're in on some elite WRs this cycle.
I wonder where this kid is ranked on the coaches board.

I know some have questioned his speed but kid is filthy at the Wr position,some dudes just have that"It" factor as they say.I mean with our recent success no reason we can't pull some of these guys in our own backyard there's a reason Clemson is scared sh*tless of us rite now.Trust and believe they see the writing on the wall and that big orange train a coming,they have feasted wayyyy to long off our downfall.

Depending on how baseball goes, he may never set foot on a college campus to play. He’s good enough to be drafted for baseball, and if he’s a first rounder, I’d suspect he’d take the multimillion dollar contract.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Depending on how baseball goes, he may never set foot on a college campus to play. He’s good enough to be drafted for baseball, and if he’s a first rounder, I’d suspect he’d take the multimillion dollar contract.
Probably not a first rounder. I'm no baseball expert or anything but I haven't seen his name pop up in MLB Draft talks like that. He's athletic but he didn't really hit the ball against us when we played him. Drew a walk or two tho and made an insane catch when pitching haha. School plays them again this year at home to end the season. We got a pretty hard schedule but we could be the 2nd best team in our class behind a loaded Goodpasture team

Reactions: rgvol

VN Store

Back