Friday weigh in thread

I have been eating Special K protein meal bars (190 calories ea) for breakfast, so I decided to make them the foundation of my plan.

08:00 Meal bar+1 cup black coffee+multi vitamin
10:00 Banana
11:00 Equate daily fiber, 2 scoops
12:00 meal bar
14:00 5 baby carrots
15:00 Equate daily fiber
16:00 meal bar
18:00 1 hard boiled egg
19:00 4oz Canteloupe
20:00 meal bar

Nothing else but water all day, probably drinking about a gallon a day.

This adds up to about 1200 calories per day. I like that I get to ingest something almost every hour between 8 and 8. I work from home which makes it easy to stay on schedule, but I also deal with the temptation of the pantry all day.

@VolNExile I was absolutely hypertensive before starting this, but started taking my BP as well. The last couple of weeks it's around 112/73 now, almost all due to reduced sodium intake.

I prefer the Quest protein bars or the Pure Protein bars. They are much higher in protein than the Special K, and also much lower in sugar. However, they are expensive. My easiest source of cheap, tasty protein is eggs or egg whites.

Jan 6 - 155.6
Jan 13 - 152.8
Jan 20 - 151.9
Jan 26 - 151.3
Feb 3 - 150.3
Feb 10 - 148.4
Feb 17 - 149.7
Feb 24 - 149.6

It looks like I have found my maintenance right at 2450 calories per day. I am now planning on increasing to 2700 calories to bulk. I want to gain about a half a pound per week. We’ll see how this goes. I’m looking forward to it, as I have never intentionally (key word) attempted a bulk before.

8 weeks in:

2-Jan 178 (started my plan)
8-Jan 170
14-Jan 169
21-Jan 166
28-Jan 165
4-Feb 163
11-Feb 160
18-Feb 157
25-Feb 159*

* After seeing my progress, my wife decided to come up with her own version of my plan and join in. However, in her typical fashion, she also had to buy a new digital scale. Apparently our old bathroom scale was just not good enough, which turned out to be true. To see the difference, I weighed our 50 lb dumbell on each scale. On the old one it showed 46 and 49.8 on the new one, so obviously the new one is more accurate, but there is a 4 lb difference. Bottom line, I had a net loss of 2 lbs again this week, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Looks good. I’ve always wanted those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. What else are you going to add?
They work well for what they are (goes up to 52.5lbs) I’d like to add a heavier set eventually. The only thing I absolutely need is a bench, preferably an adjustable. That’ll be the next purchase, I’ll probably add stuff here and there as I go.

They work well for what they are (goes up to 52.5lbs) I’d like to add a heavier set eventually. The only thing I absolutely need is a bench, preferably an adjustable. That’ll be the next purchase, I’ll probably add stuff here and there as I go.

Adjustable benches are great, but expensive. I wish the gym at my neighborhood amenities center had declining benches.

03/03/23 193.1

Have switched to a fruits and vegetables diet. Going to try and get off all the medications every doctor wants to prescribe. Although diagnosed with Type II, have never had to take insulin. Took Ozempic and Metformin and I occasionally cheated with a candy bar or two, but when the new year started and it was going to cost about $480/month for Ozempic, said hell no, no candy bar I've ever had or thought about was worth $480/month. Went to researching, changed my diet and so far, without Ozempic, control has been just as good. ymmv.

How does it feel to be that low? I have not been in the 170s since the 80s. I'm off my high of 224.
The things that I notice:
  • More energy throughout the day
  • Sleeping better
  • Clothes fit better
  • Feeling better about my weight loss=feeling better about myself
  • More motivated to work out
Doing this by intermittent fasting and OMAD (one meal a day) which I alternate
What is your goal?

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
The things that I notice:
  • More energy throughout the day
  • Sleeping better
  • Clothes fit better
  • Feeling better about my weight loss=feeling better about myself
  • More motivated to work out
Doing this by intermittent fasting and OMAD (one meal a day) which I alternate
What is your goal?
Right now, 185.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
How do you guys not get discouraged? Been working out 9 weeks now and the other day I weighed in at 316lb down from my starting weight of 332lb.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back