Kevin Steele is Bama’s DC

Steele wouldn't have been my first choice. But he'll be a marked upgrade from Golding, and that's what matters.

From 2016-2019 his lowest ranked defense at Auburn was 17th. He may not be great, but he’s far from subpar.
I’ll stop you right there… he was the DC at Bama and had far greater talent than everyone he lined up against. Is that supposed to be impressive?

I’ll stop you right there… he was the DC at Bama and had far greater talent than everyone he lined up against. Is that supposed to be impressive?

Did you read what you responded to? He was talking about his time at Auburn

Did you read what you responded to? He was talking about his time at Auburn
I read it wrong, you’re right. But point still stands that he is not Elite. Just look at this past year at “the U”. Great hire Bammers…

They lose a lot from last year, won’t be enough to overcome UGa, and they’ll probably at lose at least one more

That could be said for every team out there. Georgia is breaking in a new QB so it’ll be interesting.

Well at Bammer they fire coaches for the above statements of fact

For losing one game? Doubtful. But to your point, Bama has as good of a chance as anyone to win it all next season. Doesn’t mean they will, but they’re right up there

For losing one game? Doubtful. But to your point, Bama has as good of a chance as anyone to win it all next season. Doesn’t mean they will, but they’re right up there
I don’t see it. And they fired both coordinators this year, or whatever a mutual parting… so….

I don’t see it. And they fired both coordinators this year, or whatever a mutual parting… so….

Both earned their "parting."

Whether Rees will be an upgrade over BoB remains to be seen. At least he'll recruit, which BoB hated.

But there is no doubt that Steele is an upgrade over Golding. The man is at least capable of adjusting mid-game, which Golding proved incapable of doing.

Both earned their "parting."

Whether Rees will be an upgrade over BoB remains to be seen. At least he'll recruit, which BoB hated.

But there is no doubt that Steele is an upgrade over Golding. The man is at least capable of adjusting mid-game, which Golding proved incapable of doing.
I don’t see either as much of an upgrade, but they’ll have plenty of talent to work with, maybe they won’t screw it up

It’s essentially a given if Bama only loses once in the regular season. In what universe Is UGa not in Atlanta again next year?

You probably said the same about Bama last season. There’s a lot of variables in this game. No one thought LSU would be in Atlanta

Correct.. He was the Canes DC last season and they were 64th in total Defense. This isn't going over well in Tuscalooser. He's known as a great recruiter but in the newer era off spread offense's, his Def. Havent been very good.

You probably said the same about Bama last season. There’s a lot of variables in this game. No one thought LSU would be in Atlanta
What i referenced was Bama losing at least once and not getting past a UGa to miss on the CFP. If Bama missed the CFP again this year, someone or someone’s are getting scapegoated again, just like this past season. Do you not agree?

Correct.. He was the Canes DC last season and they were 64th in total Defense. This isn't going over well in Tuscalooser. He's known as a great recruiter but in the newer era off spread offense's, his Def. Havent been very good.
One season, with a a whole new staff at Miami, where they ran off half the team to recruit over. College football fans once again prove how reasonable and rationale they are. He had a very good run at Auburn as DC. He's a good DC.

Reactions: Vol8188
Just because Saban hired him doesn’t mean he is a great DC.

Agreed! He also made a subpar OC hire from a guy who couldn't get any offense going at ND..Definately 2 of Saban's subpar hires. He usually keeps elite staffers, he definately could have made 2 much better hires. I'm not mad!

One season, with a a whole new staff at Miami, where they ran off half the team to recruit over. College football fans once again prove how reasonable and rationale they are. He had a very good run at Auburn as DC. He's a good DC.

Incorrect!

What i referenced was Bama losing at least once and not getting past a UGa to miss on the CFP. If Bama missed the CFP again this year, someone or someone’s are getting scapegoated again, just like this past season. Do you not agree?

Doubtful. I’m also not convinced like you are that they will miss the playoffs.

VN Store

Back