Kevin Steele is Bama’s DC

Because Wee Little Nicky told them to.
It will probably be a one year (2023) show cause, Steele gets to wet his beak in the Alabama retirement system, Conehead takes over in 24.
I find it amusing that all you ever hear from bama fans is that Nicky is the defensive guru and that it does not matter who the DC is because Nicky is the greatest defensive mind ever. They made an escape goat of their DC this year, giving him all the hate so as not to say anything against Lord Saban. Something like 9 five stars signed this class. 1 three star. Even Conehead could be considered a great coach with that overwhelming level of talent.

Pruitt is an outstanding DC. Awful head coach.

Seriously? He coordinated the worst defense of Saban’s tenure in 2007, then Saban axed him and brought in Kirby.

He came back in 2013 as director of player personnel after Dabo fired him from Clemson following the 70 point debacle against West Virginia, then coached LBs in 2014. Kirby was still the DC. He sucked as DC at both Alabama and Clemson.

Then he got jobs at both LSU and Auburn and did better, but not well enough to be retained after Gus was fired. Then Fulmer gave him a bunch of UT’s money to do nothing, then he sat a year. Cristobol hired him as Miami’s DC last year and they were awful, giving up 45 points to MTSU, to point out one of a few terrible performances.

Yes, this is good for Tennessee because he’s a washed-up 64 year-old coach who had a couple of decent defenses, but mostly underperformed with the talent he had. Clemson and Alabama both improved because of his departure.

This is a step down from Golding. I have to think Heupel is happy.
Nice info to back it up!

I’m not referring to my opinion as a fact. I’m referring to the facts of his performance, meaning my opinion is backed by facts.

Hey, which defensive performance impressed you most last year? The 45 points they “held” MTSU to? The 42 points Pitt “only” scored on them? Duke’s 45 points? Florida State’s 45? Those are some elite defensive performances! Not as elite as the 70 he gave up to West Virginia while at Clemson, though!
😂🤣😂

Dude’s been fired by both elite coaches who hired him, and for good reason, both programs shot up to elite as a result, but some of y’all are so hellbent on doom and gloom that you refuse to acknowledge what a garbage hire this is for Alabama (and a good thing for UT)…to the point that you go so far as to focus on the fact that he was “hired” by Dabo and Saban, while ignoring the fact he was subsequently canned by both.

If UT made this hire, I guarantee you’d see the negative.

Steele sucks. The facts support that. Period.
the fact he keeps getting high end jobs does not support your argument. People with way more experience and skin in the game on this whole things seem to think he is worth it. Its easy to point out the few bad seasons he has had but he's had a lot more good ones. The fact he gets fired is more part of the way college football goes.. have a bad season fire a coordinator.. have a great season coordinator leave to be HC somewhere. Its the nature of the game...Stele keeps getting hired so quite a few someones at high levels belive he is not terrible.

Steele knows the culture
He knows Saban
He knows how to tow the line

I’m not gonna say they’ll be a top defense but they won’t be bad. The talent alone will make them good enough.
How does one tow the line? I always thought you were supposed to toe the line

Way over estimate …and their schedule otherwise is laughable, ours? Not so much
I have a hard time seeing us lose two games if one of them isn’t to Georgia, and I don’t think those odds are off base (I gave a wide range because obviously we’ll know far more by then). You really think they would win 8 of 10 or better with the game played in Neyland? That’s a big stretch to me.

VN Store

Back