Kevin Steele is Bama’s DC

Seriously? He coordinated the worst defense of Saban’s tenure in 2007, then Saban axed him and brought in Kirby.

He came back in 2013 as director of player personnel after Dabo fired him from Clemson following the 70 point debacle against West Virginia, then coached LBs in 2014. Kirby was still the DC. He sucked as DC at both Alabama and Clemson.

Then he got jobs at both LSU and Auburn and did better, but not well enough to be retained after Gus was fired. Then Fulmer gave him a bunch of UT’s money to do nothing, then he sat a year. Cristobol hired him as Miami’s DC last year and they were awful, giving up 45 points to MTSU, to point out one of a few terrible performances.

Yes, this is good for Tennessee because he’s a washed-up 64 year-old coach who had a couple of decent defenses, but mostly underperformed with the talent he had. Clemson and Alabama both improved because of his departure.

This is a step down from Golding. I have to think Heupel is happy.

That’s an opinion, not a fact.

I’m not referring to my opinion as a fact. I’m referring to the facts of his performance, meaning my opinion is backed by facts.

Hey, which defensive performance impressed you most last year? The 45 points they “held” MTSU to? The 42 points Pitt “only” scored on them? Duke’s 45 points? Florida State’s 45? Those are some elite defensive performances! Not as elite as the 70 he gave up to West Virginia while at Clemson, though!
😂🤣😂

Dude’s been fired by both elite coaches who hired him, and for good reason, both programs shot up to elite as a result, but some of y’all are so hellbent on doom and gloom that you refuse to acknowledge what a garbage hire this is for Alabama (and a good thing for UT)…to the point that you go so far as to focus on the fact that he was “hired” by Dabo and Saban, while ignoring the fact he was subsequently canned by both.

If UT made this hire, I guarantee you’d see the negative.

Steele sucks. The facts support that. Period.

I’m not referring to my opinion as a fact. I’m referring to the facts of his performance, meaning my opinion is backed by facts.

Hey, which defensive performance impressed you most last year? The 45 points they “held” MTSU to? The 42 points Pitt “only” scored on them? Duke’s 45 points? Florida State’s 45? Those are some elite defensive performances! Not as elite as the 70 he gave up to West Virginia while at Clemson, though!
😂🤣😂

Dude’s been fired by both elite coaches who hired him, and for good reason, both programs shot up to elite as a result, but some of y’all are so hellbent on doom and gloom that you refuse to acknowledge what a garbage hire this is for Alabama (and a good thing for UT)…to the point that you go so far as to focus on the fact that he was “hired” by Dabo and Saban, while ignoring the fact he was subsequently canned by both.

If UT made this hire, I guarantee you’d see the negative.

Steele sucks. The facts support that. Period.

Judging a programs year one performances doesn’t provide a lot of valid data. Miami was bad all around last year and there’s a reason the previous staff was shown the door.

Not at all. I wanted Steele years ago when we were rumored to back out over his performance in 1 game. He’s a great hire for any program.

If he sucks, Nick Saban wouldn’t have hired him.

Yes, he’s been fired. Plenty of great coaches have. Heupel has been fired

Reactions: VOLnBama01
I think Kevin Steele being DC at Bamer is good for the Vols!!!!!!

Almost seems like Saban didn't get his first, second, third, fourth or fifth option.

Could we be seeing the downfall starting?

No, it wouldn’t matter who they hire.
They’re going to run whatever it is Saban wants.

Reactions: VOLnBama01
I think this and the OC hire may be representing a return to vintage Nick Saban football

VN Store

Back