The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #25 Auburn Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

Until the last few minutes I thought this team tried to be smart at least. Most of the second half they were going inside. That's a good change from some other games.

We had some beautiful looks from deep, just not falling.

Really wish Uros would stop taking himself out of games with stupid taunting. It’s clear the officials have it out for him, he gets no rope. Soon as he gets things going he makes dumb mistakes and then he’s riding pine.

I’m aware. I’m also aware of the extremely high variability in outcome of basketball games. So the fact that he’s yet to win the entire tournament is not a knock on him as a coach. We see massive variability every day in college basketball
Are the fans expecting to cut down the nets or is the expectation to get out of the first weekend and see more than one sweet 16. I’m thinking it’s that.

started down 0-8, so it’s still a +10 (was plus +12) point differential. Will be interesting to see how quickly we pull away in the 2nd.
Great call. Just a small question, did we in fact pull away? Or are you the only one that can hate on someone’s opinion?

Great tough-it-out win. One has to laugh at the 3-point shooting in this game--we were under 10 percent! 9.5 percent--has to be an all-time Vol low. Auburn at 11 percent. Comical.

IMO, he was shooting a 3 while moving causing his legs to be out to help square his shoulders to the basket. ON ran up onto him causing his legs to look “wrapped” around him and ON definitely didn’t give him room to land.

That’s talented. He was doing a moving toward the basket 3 and quickly changed direction to doing a fall away 3. Wow. If he was moving to basket which he was his legs would have naturally been behind not in front unless he threw his legs forward

Really wish Uros would stop taking himself out of games with stupid taunting. It’s clear the officials have it out for him, he gets no rope. Soon as he gets things going he makes dumb mistakes and then he’s riding pine.
Yeah he was starting to get in a rhythm and then that taunt. Personally I think it's a weak call but like you said the refs have a target on him.

Agree. And once the other team's in the bonus he has to sit due to abysmal ft shooting.

Reactions: vol94 and MoCo_Vol
You haven't looked at his record in March apparently. It is a verifiable fact. In fact, its the reason he got fired at Texas.
how many active coaches in Division 1 have won championships? I know the answer but I’ll give you time to answer.

ok. Time is up. Only 5 active coaches in ncaa basketball have won it all. Should schools fire every one else?

Yeah he was starting to get in a rhythm and then that taunt. Personally I think it's a weak call but like you said the refs have a target on him.

I mean the officials in SEC play haven’t been inconsistent, they always call **** on him so he just has to stop giving them any potential ammunition.

VN Store

Back