'24 NC OT Ethan Calloway

Tennessee had a couple of mountains in at offensive tackle today. Ethan Calloway and Kevin Heywood both got to spend plenty of time with the staff on Saturday and seem to like Tennessee a good bit at this stage. Both guys were over 6'7", with plenty of room to add to their frame. Calloway will be back on campus in the morning. It is early for both of these guys, but I think Tennessee is setup to be long-term players in the recruitment of each.
-Matt Ray

Seem genuinely blown away. Wonder how many other visits he’s been on, not sure if it’s just all new or we really a stood that far out.
I don't know about this kid and previous visits, but other kids have talked about our staff being different when it comes to honesty and being genuine. They've also commented on our staff talking more about life in general than football in many cases.

Reactions: Orange.
Offensive tackles Ethan Calloway and Kevin Heywood both visited in late January, and we felt like Tennessee made solid impressions on each then. The Vols have continued to have good conversations with both since they left campus. Heywood plans to be in town the first week of April. Calloway was originally planning to come in later this month, but has now informed Tennessee he will be here on April 15th for the spring game. Both will see several others in the next month.
-VQ

Tennessee had two four-star offensive linemen on campus last weekend in Grant Brix and Ethan Calloway. Both are quiet kids that are working through the process at their own pace. Coming in it felt like Tennessee needed to make a solid impression with both, and the Vols did that. Now, it will be about getting them back to campus for an official visit later in the summer. Neither player has locked in an official with any school at this point, but it is safe to say Tennessee has more of their attention now.
-VQ

“It was definitely crazy,” Calloway said following the event. “I’ll tell what I told them; this is just the spring game, and it’s louder than some of the game days I’ve been to, so it’s crazy. I would definitely say I like it here, is the best way to describe it.” “I think the highlight was getting to see Elarbee coach,” he said of this. “Everyone responds to a different coaching style. I finally got to see somewhat of a game day because I wasn’t able to get here last year, and I’m just glad I got to see the whole team in action.”
“I mean, even just pregame, you can tell he is a teacher,” Calloway added on what he saw from Elarbee. “I had even talked to some of the players in the locker room. I love that he’s not just going to yell at you for no reason, you know? If you mess up something, he’ll teach you what to do, and then, if you’re not listening, then he’s going to have to coach you. I mean, that’s just how it is, and I love seeing coaching like that.”
Calloway also enjoyed the opportunity to connect with fans and previous players during the visit. “I guess the best way to say it would be, even though I’ve met a couple of the players, I got to talk to a lot of players that I had never met,” he said of this. “It felt like it was a conversation with a best friend I hadn’t seen in a week. When me and my mom went to concessions, all of the fans are extremely nice, respectful, everything.”
The nation’s 73rd-overall prospect, according to the On3 rankings, plans to make a commitment before his senior season, after taking official visits during the summer. “I haven’t thought much about officials yet. We’re probably going to start thinking about stuff like that here soon. As for where they stand, as much as I hate sounding like a broken record, I don’t really have placements for everyone just yet. I feel it’s unfair to start ranking people if I don’t know where everyone is.”
-VQ

Really hope we can land one of this guy, Calhoun, Easley, or Baker. Or even 2 of them. I like Heard’s upside and potential, but it would really be nice to get at least 1 OT that is almost certain to at least be developed into solid player for us

Agree. Give me 2 of the guys you named.

VN Store

Back