AFL - Arena Football League

I don't see this working out very well with the USFL and XFL around.

Are they combining the other 2 Indoor (Arena) Leagues? If not that makes 3, which won’t work at all.

I think there are 3 others; the Champions Indoor Football League (7 teams), the Indoor Football League (16 teams) and the National Arena League (7 teams). The IFL and the NAL have some former Arena Football League teams in them. The IFL already has an agreement with the XFL to be a "minor league" for it. And then there's the Fan Controlled Football League which is indoor but all the games are played at one place.

I had to look up some of that becaues I didn't even realize 3 indoor leagues still existed. So unless the AFL has some sort of backing like from the NFL or something, I just don't see it working.

I remember watching it growing up in NY. "Touchdown" Eddie Brown (Antonio Brown's father) played for Albany. The Firebirds were pretty good.

I actually did a job shadowing in middle school with their media director.

The 1997-2001 Kats were fun to watch. Games were usually at least 75-80% full and a few games were sellouts.

The 2005-2007 version owned by Bud Adams was better than nothing but not nearly as good.

VN Store

Back