UT issues RFP for right field dorm & indoor baseball practice facility

Any chance they could widen the road to allow a deeper fence for the stadium? I know some people like the short field and some think we need a longer field to get ready for Omaha.

Reactions: VolPack22
I've been told there's a real need for student housing on campus. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Sorry for getting off topic but your comment made me think about the strip. The university is killing the atmosphere on the “strip” as they closed down two or more bars and restaurants over the holidays to make space for new Apts. There are two primary bars on the strip now, and the cover is $50 for the main one, unless you are an athlete.

As a parent whose son attends UT, I like the idea of less bars. On the other hand, students may now drive to the old city since they can’t walk to the strip. My son loves the strip and actually talks to a lot of the athletes - Milton, Vescovi, ZZ and walk in wide receivers. Anyway, I will stop venting.

The RFP states the proposed dorms are not approved by the trustees or in the campus master plan. It requests preliminary responses to see what ideas the submitting firms may have.

The rendering released last year showed just a large practice facility in right field but the with ongoing housing shortage, they're apparently looking for any opportunity to shove living space into and see possible space there.

e0faeaf2-69e2-4d1f-8253-7e1ca83a9959_1920x1080.jpg

Sorry for getting off topic but your comment made me think about the strip. The university is killing the atmosphere on the “strip” as they closed down two or more bars and restaurants over the holidays to make space for new Apts. There are two primary bars on the strip now, and the cover is $50 for the main one, unless you are an athlete.

As a parent whose son attends UT, I like the idea of less bars. On the other hand, students may now drive to the old city since they can’t walk to the strip. My son loves the strip and actually talks to a lot of the athletes - Milton, Vescovi, ZZ and walk in wide receivers. Anyway, I will stop venting.
What bars charge a $50 cover?

VN Store

Back