‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Don't think he has signed yet. Do you have any productive Vols of the recent past that have similar measurables and times?

ANYBODY know where the staff and family relationship stands? Could they be putting off the decision until after draft day where maybe they would like for him to ALSO attend UT; maybe on a big brother assisted NIL deal to play for CJH and Pope if he gets a really good payday?

Just hate to risk a legacy guy going elsewhere and blowing up. It would get insufferable among those in the "everybody has them" element across social media and radio shows. A spinoff of the Randall Cobb syndrome.

I think folks overreacted to his statement about wanting to play, after I am sure he/they felt mislead by IMG, a decision that they believe MAY have cost him committable bigtime offers and the platform to gain the exposure his brother got here. Don't know what the IMG pitch was or what his production would have earned him if he stayed at his HS.

Wish him well however this turns out.
He’s not coming here dawg. He may not even go power 5

Don't think he has signed yet. Do you have any productive Vols of the recent past that have similar measurables and times?

ANYBODY know where the staff and family relationship stands? Could they be putting off the decision until after draft day where maybe they would like for him to ALSO attend UT; maybe on a big brother assisted NIL deal to play for CJH and Pope if he gets a really good payday?

Just hate to risk a legacy guy going elsewhere and blowing up. It would get insufferable among those in the "everybody has them" element across social media and radio shows. A spinoff of the Randall Cobb syndrome.

I think folks overreacted to his statement about wanting to play, after I am sure he/they felt mislead by IMG, a decision that they believe MAY have cost him committable bigtime offers and the platform to gain the exposure his brother got here. Don't know what the IMG pitch was or what his production would have earned him if he stayed at his HS.

Wish him well however this turns out.
Too late.

Reactions: Vol423
He’s not coming here dawg. He may not even go power 5

Kids only deserve honesty and if any coach tells a kid he should look around then we as fans should be ok with that. Especially if it Randall Cobbs us because we all deserve an opportunity in whatever areas life takes us.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Kids only deserve honesty and if any coach tells a kid he should look around then we as fans should be ok with that. Especially if it Randall Cobbs us because we all deserve an opportunity in whatever areas life takes us.

I asked if anybody knew where staff and kids/family stood. You have something solid there?

Thought maybe his lack of use at IMG could have been similar to our room here this year, but looks bad with minimal reps. Love to get a PWO bargain and let his on field work first year define our future investment, but give him a shot at the big time if he is interested in such a deal. If not a fit for both sides then I am good.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I asked if anybody knew where staff and kids/family stood. You have something solid there?

Thought maybe his lack of use at IMG could have been similar to our room here this year, but looks bad with minimal reps. Love to get a PWO bargain and let his on field work first year define our future investment, but give him a shot at the big time if he is interested in such a deal. If not a fit for both sides then I am good.
The kid has already said that he isn't going somewhere just to say he's at a "big name" school. He wants to play and doesn't want to sit. He's not coming here as a walk-on or otherwise. That has nothing to do with our coaches.

Last edited:
The kid has already said that he isn't going somewhere just to say he's at a "big name" school. He wants to play and doesn't want to sit. He's not coming here as a walk-on or otherwise. That has nothing to do with our coaches.

Going for big name IMG over his HS could trigger such a response after getting left at the ESD big time school alter. Just my second good time story wish of the season. I took a TON of heat for even proposing the Bishop deal for similar reasons and it came true. This one hanging on so long just makes me wonder if the family would like the same staff for him if brother gets a great payday. Assisting with the first of four years might be different than a one year winner take all prep school career. He could then portal down if it is not the right fit, maybe with 4 to play 4. Not expecting this one either. Still no clue where the family and staff relationship is now that Jalin is outa here.

Last edited:
Reactions: swampfoxfan
Going for big name IMG over his HS could trigger such a response after getting left at the ESD big time school alter. Just my second good time story wish of the season. I took a TON of heat for even proposing the Bishop deal for similar reasons and it came true. This one hanging on so long just makes me wonder if the family would like the same staff for him if brother gets a great payday. Assisting with the first of four years might be different than a one year winner take all prep school career. He could then portal down if it is not the right fit, maybe with 4 to play 4. Not expecting this one either. Still no clue where the family and staff relationship is now that Jalin is outa here.

Bruh...Jamie Hyatt is a football coach. This staff just helped, immensely I might add, get his boy First Team All-American Honors, The Biletnikoff Trophy, and in a few months - a million dollar payday....the family & the staff are in GOOD standing.

Bruh...Jamie Hyatt is a football coach. This staff just helped, immensely I might add, get his boy First Team All-American Honors, The Biletnikoff Trophy, and in a few months - a million dollar payday....the family & the staff are in GOOD standing.

Good to know, So I hope they get to make a business decision about what is best for Lil' Bro. It would please me if he ended up at UT by some method. Will he still be unsigned late April post NFL draft? Hard to imagine, but next portal opens a few days after the draft.

I remember when Jalin was the project and Devin was the prized target. Oh how things changed over time. Hoping this kid lands somewhere that gives him a chance to shine.
I saw the whole fam damily at the gator bowl the year he signed. I was impressed with the family in general but seeing the two boys Jalin looked like a skinny kid that wasn't ready for prime time. Devin looked like the college ready player. It's amazing the tracks they've taken.

Reactions: utvolmaniac

If you approach a kid who may have legit talent and he doesn't tell you to f off he is surrounded by awful people. No disrespect but I disagree with everything you are advocating. It just wreaks of Butch Jones and goes against what CJH is building here. Especially with a legacy kid. Don't BS them.

How can this staff not get any traction here? His brother became the best WR in college at UT. Can’t cruit a lick…far em all!

If you approach a kid who may have legit talent and he doesn't tell you to f off he is surrounded by awful people. No disrespect but I disagree with everything you are advocating. It just wreaks of Butch Jones and goes against what CJH is building here. Especially with a legacy kid. Don't BS them.

If their risk/reward analysis indicates a PWO shot under CJH and Pope is a better CAREER deal than the best of the rest, scholly or not, and IF IF IF our analysis is he is worthy of one of our 105 roster slots then I hope he ends up here. Jalin just jumped off the radar to potentially a first round draft spot. We are simply the only program in town in this position. If we really offered him before his IMG move and we believe he is still that talented and just a bad fit down there, then I would love to add scholly level talent without eating up one of our 85 slots.

The fact that he did not jump at a scholly shot on ESD MIGHT, not would, indicate an alternate opportunity would be considered. If not a roster management win for UT and the best opportunity shot for the player then I am good with him going elsewhere for sure. If they believe some out of pocket money for year 1 of his college career CAN payoff in the long run then I hope we have a spot. We got his brother after a lot of programs did not evaluate him high as well. Without a complete fact set I will just have to sit back and let it play out just like I did with Bishop. Maybe Hyatt would add him to their NIL family, one pro and one college or just transition from one brother to the other.

If their risk/reward analysis indicates a PWO shot under CJH and Pope is a better CAREER deal than the best of the rest, scholly or not, and IF IF IF our analysis is he is worthy of one of our 105 roster slots then I hope he ends up here. Jalin just jumped off the radar to potentially a first round draft spot. We are simply the only program in town in this position. If we really offered him before his IMG move and we believe he is still that talented and just a bad fit down there, then I would love to add scholly level talent without eating up one of our 85 slots.

The fact that he did not jump at a scholly shot on ESD MIGHT, not would, indicate an alternate opportunity would be considered. If not a roster management win for UT and the best opportunity shot for the player then I am good with him going elsewhere for sure. If they believe some out of pocket money for year 1 of his college career CAN payoff in the long run then I hope we have a spot. We got his brother after a lot of programs did not evaluate him high as well. Without a complete fact set I will just have to sit back and let it play out just like I did with Bishop. Maybe Hyatt would add him to their NIL family, one pro and one college or just transition from one brother to the other.
Good grief. Let it go. He is NOT coming here.

He and his older brother are not even close to the same caliber player after their 12 grade years.

Jalin had Georgia recruiting him and Will Muschamp at South Carolina trying to get him to Columbia after the idiot said he wasn't good enough 18 months prior to that.

Lil bro didn't even have 300 yards combined at IMG Junior and Sr year, and isn't even being offered by many if any P5 programs.

Think of Joey and Jermaine Kent.
Joey set records at UT. Jermaine had 3 catches??

Eric Berry All American safety.
Evan Berry back up safety but....great KR
Elliott Berry undersized backup LB.

The only reason we took Nate Spillman is because of his 4 star brother at LB that's younger and a year behind. Because in truth he's not a Cam Seldon, Nathan Leacock or Squirrel White. Had no other P5 offers.

Lil bro Hyatt is a PWO with the way we are recruiting now. And he won't accept that, so we're not getting him.

Again if your scenario played out and coach showed previous interest and now comes in with a Butch Jones scheme involving my big brother, a PWO, and NIL possibilities I would tell said coach to F.. off. But again that's just me

He and his older brother are not even close to the same caliber player after their 12 grade years.

Jalin had Georgia recruiting him and Will Muschamp at South Carolina trying to get him to Columbia after the idiot said he wasn't good enough 18 months prior to that.

Lil bro didn't even have 300 yards combined at IMG Junior and Sr year, and isn't even being offered by many if any P5 programs.

The only reason we took Nate Spillman is because of his 4 star brother at LB that's younger and a year behind. Because in truth he's not a Cam Seldon, Nathan Leacock or Squirrel White. Had no other P5 offers.

Lil bro Hyatt is a PWO with the way we are recruiting now. And he won't accept that, so we're not getting him.
He made the mistake of listening to the Old Staff who told him to go to IMG. If he would have stayed at his old school he would have balled out.

He made the mistake of listening to the Old Staff who told him to go to IMG. If he would have stayed at his old school he would have balled out.
If he was truly talented and skilled enough then he would be getting recruiting traction right now. IMG offers all the eye balls and opportunities. If he was that good he would get seen for it. Starting in South Carolina to put up more meaningless stats would not change anything.

I hear you, but still need to know what our current staff analysis is on this guy.... His production at IMG is what it is, but so was big brothers early in his career as per the following.

Jalin Hyatt stats four games: Bowling Green 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds Pitt 0 Tenn. Tech 0 Florida 0 _________ Season totals 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds. No catches last three games!!!
So if they still believe in his long range abilities and can take advantage of everybody backing off due to his IMG numbers and get him as a NIL PWO if the family believes he would be better off with CJH and P5 experience over a lower level scholly, I am all in. Maybe both sides see a value add to him coming to UT. Not predicting it happens, but don't think it is off the table on either side. Might get a big bro schollie if he gets the big bucks, and just keep the apartment..... one year deal. if it does not work portal down somewhere, but know you took your best shot.

VN Store

Back