Game Thread: Lady Vols v UCONN; Thurs. 8PM; on ESPN

This team/coach may tell us what kind of Patience AD White has for his goal of every sport competing for championships.

Don’t see it happening anytime soon. Tonight showed us a real offense and it wasn’t wearing orange and a weak defensive performance failing to cover the cuts and 3s.

Wonder how White sees it?
We’re not closing the gap, that’s for sure

I think Franklin and Hollingshead provided great sparks off the bench tonight. Both were active on rebounding, Franklin brough defense and Hollingshead brought needed offense to offset the attention of Jackson and Horston.

But they can't put the ball in the hoop near the basket. I like them, but we needed those pts

I'm one who think our girls played like crap in the first quarter when we were letting them maul us, but were pretty good in the last three quarters. NOBODY hits that many threes like Connecticut did-- it wouldn't happen again. I also don't want to play Geno anymore on our floor. Pat didn't like him, and we saw how disrespectul he was to Holly. Just a disgusting man.

Other than Rickea our portal additions under Kellie have ranged from ok to awful. She has to get off her ass and get some real high school talent in here or she’s done. And more than just one great player that we have to wait 4 years for.

Hollingshed is a good get too. But she has to add a top five type HS perimeter playmaker asap with Horsten leaving.

You know what's weird? Auriemma was just as pissed at the refs as the UT fans. In the end the refs didn't win or lose the game, nor did the announcers. Two good teams played a game and the better team won. Tennessee shot 39% and made 10 free throws. They were 36% for 3s. UConn shot 55% and made 10 free throws. They were 57% from outside. That kind of says it all.

VN Store

Back