Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point today my chest felt heavy, the stress too much. My anxiety was through the roof, never felt like that, had to keep taking deep breaths, wondered if I might have a heart attack. It just felt like too much....... Then on the drive home I gave up....... I told God I couldn't do it anymore, I give up. I surrender, help me! It's up to you, I give in....... Just help me!

I'm scared, but I feel a sense of peace now. Not sure where this goes, I'm just trying to figure out what's next.

I sat here for many minutes wondering if I should do this, I hope it doesn't break any rules but I felt like I was supposed to post this...... As a testimony.
God is good

Good win last night..I’ll be honest..I thought UGA was going to put up a bigger fight than they did..That was just pitiful..lol..That said, had we hit half of those easy shots at the basket, it would’ve really been a blowout..Shows how scary good this team is when they hit some of those easy shots..Defensive effort was phenomenal as usual..Looking forward to the Texas game..
🎉🙌🏀🍊🧡

I mean to be fair, Nashville is anything but a neutral site when it comes to UT. Especially after this season. It IS a little annoying how many more power T flags and bumper stickers i see now compared to years past since everyone’s on the bandwagon now, but it sure doesn’t hurt momentum in the off season around here
Praise the Lord, the surgery is finished! Doc just told my son it went very well. No issues with any of the valves and he was quite pleased with the results. Will be another 2 hours before they can see him, but all good. Thanks so much for the support! I absolutely know the prayers, Jobu, and Newt's well wishes made the difference. CLEAN LIVING PREVAILS!

View attachment 532865
We‘re the Everything (with 🧡) VolNation!

Spring Hill and Thompson Station both have nice neighborhoods. Also check Mt. Juliet. It is crowded but also has some nice areas. If you don't mind a bit of a drive Fairview has some really nice neighborhoods at better prices. Good luck!
That's a good call...did something similar when we first moved to Houston to feel it out first.
Fairview is nice, so is Kingston Springs but idk about the baseball programs. Traffic wouldn't be as bad but you'd still have a 35 minute or so drive depending on where. Don't tell anyone about either place though

no, im advocating for common sense.
rumble-wwe.gif

Any update here? This one hit me in the gut. Hoping for the best for all y’all.
Thanks for asking. Daughter is highly sedated and on oxygen as they try to keep her oxygen above 95. Wife is there and says bp is 99/56. If oxygen goes below 95 then they will intubate her. Appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

I dont think eliminating the sport will do much. in fact it will only serve to make people want to play more.

Education, employing empirically proven data, and, time will show. People have a choice. Their call. I wouldnt.
I would choose to play…. I definitely understand why someone wouldn’t… That is issue…. Empirical proven date is rarely available for any subject. I found several articles about how safe this league turned out to be…. One of them by Deadspin which I found surprising.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
That’s setting a pretty low bar…. Barely squeezing into a 68 team tourney and finishing above .500 in conference once in four years…

That is pretty low but doing some quick googling I think I can defend it. And again, it definitely depends on the school for context if that's acceptable but I'm of the opinion that "major" schools that never make the tournament would kill just for a shot to get in as a high seed. I know I did during the Cuonzo/Donnie years. So I won't get spoiled with CRB's current success if he starts making the tourney as a 7+ seed down the road, I'll still be very content.

There are 65 power 5 teams and 11 Big East teams. That's 76 teams who all want the same good players and same good coaches and are willing to spend the $ to lure them (NIL, facilities, coaching salaries, recruiting budget, etc). I'm sure there are exceptions but I think that's in the neighborhood at least. Of course, there are some not great power 5 teams that probably spend squat on basketball but there may be a few teams from other conferences that I'm not thinking of either (gonzaga + ?).

In 2022, 35 power 5 conference + big east teams made the tournament. 35/76 teams = 46% of teams that are willing to spend $ on basketball made the tourney. So do you want to keep a guy that consistently makes the tournament or go battle with ~40 other teams for the hottest mid-major coaches that certainly don't always work out? I'm sure these numbers can be totally picked apart but that's my take whether the numbers are totally accurate or not.

Got one for you Nashville area folks...I grew up in SE Tennessee and later spent 7 years in Clarksville while in the Army. For the last 8 years, we've mostly lived near Houston. My wife is from Chattanooga and we've been itching to get back to Tennessee. I've got a solid job opportunity in Brentwood and we're researching where we might want to settle in if it all works out. I don't mind a commute if it means we can get a little more yard and a smaller town feel. I know we wouldn't be buying a place in Brentwood. We've got 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4. My oldest eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. We're an active family that loves outdoor activities. Obviously schools are important. Any recommendations or advice?
Public or private?

I mean to be fair, Nashville is anything but a neutral site when it comes to UT. Especially after this season. It IS a little annoying how many more power T flags and bumper stickers i see now compared to years past since everyone’s on the bandwagon now, but it sure doesn’t hurt momentum in the off season around here
Can confirm.. much more orange here in Middle Tenn now

He only won $600? Seems a little cheap.
I'd take a cool $600 to go toward my 2013 PT Cruiser monthly payment but dang Danny can we get a little better prize for these contests?!

He'll take his $600 and be happy with it. We're locking down our AD, coach, making improvements. Ain't got time to throw money at some halftime circus feats.

I'd take a cool $600 to go toward my 2013 PT Cruiser monthly payment but dang Danny can we get a little better prize for these contests?!

Between CJH's recent raise (& Danny's) and Nico's NIL payments, just be glad there's that much left in the kitty.

I hear Florida recently had a student also make his halftime shots and then tried to renegotiate his prize amount after the game. ;)

Got one for you Nashville area folks...I grew up in SE Tennessee and later spent 7 years in Clarksville while in the Army. For the last 8 years, we've mostly lived near Houston. My wife is from Chattanooga and we've been itching to get back to Tennessee. I've got a solid job opportunity in Brentwood and we're researching where we might want to settle in if it all works out. I don't mind a commute if it means we can get a little more yard and a smaller town feel. I know we wouldn't be buying a place in Brentwood. We've got 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4. My oldest eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. We're an active family that loves outdoor activities. Obviously schools are important. Any recommendations or advice?
Boro is very family/sports oriented, less expensive than Brentwood/Franklin.. the drawback is the traffic is bad now and we kind of outgrew our britches (ie infrastructure).. I grew up here, but we really want to move to Franklin now 😂.. schools are still mostly good, shockingly enough, but you will have a rough time finding a dentist, a GP, a pediatrician etc for reals

Could you imagine all those "after further reviews" and flags and suspensions ?
Wasnt there a commercial back in the day where the officil said 'we coulda called holding on any play, but we chose this one, because its the most crucial play of the game.'

always got a chuckle.

I live in downtown Franklin.......Love the area
Nolensville area outside of Franklin is nice , but based on schools and affordability, Thompson Station is nice. Good schools and athletic programs (Summit.) 25 min commute to Brentwood.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back