Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
VN, my family could use your thoughts, prayers, Jobu sacrifices, and agnostic well wishes today. My 3 year old grandson Wyatt is at Vanderbilt to undergo open heart surgery at 8am Central. They are repairing his aortic valve via a Ross Procedure. The docs say it will take 6 to 7 hours. He has dealt with this since birth and has already been through 2 balloon procedures that delayed this surgery for a couple of years. Thanks all!
Congenital Aortic Stenosis Surgery for Children: Ross Procedure
🙏

What in the world was Texas thinking getting rid of Coach Barnes? I know there are better out there but not a ton.
They were told they were handsome & best looking in the school. Had a steady girlfriend they met at Prom, and good paying job. Like so many, it wasnt enough. Mommy babied.

Guess what? They arent.

What in the world was Texas thinking getting rid of Coach Barnes? I know there are better out there but not a ton.
In Texas defense…. He wasn’t winning at Texas the last four seasons like he has here. He went 20-14, 16-18, 24-11, 20-14 with 3 first round exits… He has been on an entirely other level here… in the past six years here: 26-9, 31-6, 17-14, 18-9, 27-9, 16-3…. That’s the best regular season run of his career although 1999-2004 at Texas was similar.

Last edited:
At one point today my chest felt heavy, the stress too much. My anxiety was through the roof, never felt like that, had to keep taking deep breaths, wondered if I might have a heart attack. It just felt like too much....... Then on the drive home I gave up....... I told God I couldn't do it anymore, I give up. I surrender, help me! It's up to you, I give in....... Just help me!

I'm scared, but I feel a sense of peace now. Not sure where this goes, I'm just trying to figure out what's next.

I sat here for many minutes wondering if I should do this, I hope it doesn't break any rules but I felt like I was supposed to post this...... As a testimony.

When we come to the end of ourselves and give in to His will we are in a perfect place that has the room for Him to work. I am happy you are there and wish you blessings and peace.

At one point today my chest felt heavy, the stress too much. My anxiety was through the roof, never felt like that, had to keep taking deep breaths, wondered if I might have a heart attack. It just felt like too much....... Then on the drive home I gave up....... I told God I couldn't do it anymore, I give up. I surrender, help me! It's up to you, I give in....... Just help me!

I'm scared, but I feel a sense of peace now. Not sure where this goes, I'm just trying to figure out what's next.

I sat here for many minutes wondering if I should do this, I hope it doesn't break any rules but I felt like I was supposed to post this...... As a testimony.
no worries.

Reactions: KB5252
Got one for you Nashville area folks...I grew up in SE Tennessee and later spent 7 years in Clarksville while in the Army. For the last 8 years, we've mostly lived near Houston. My wife is from Chattanooga and we've been itching to get back to Tennessee. I've got a solid job opportunity in Brentwood and we're researching where we might want to settle in if it all works out. I don't mind a commute if it means we can get a little more yard and a smaller town feel. I know we wouldn't be buying a place in Brentwood. We've got 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4. My oldest eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. We're an active family that loves outdoor activities. Obviously schools are important. Any recommendations or advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back