‘23 GA S Tyler Scott (Auburn)

Auburn it is.
I think they’ll have an opportunity to shock some people this year. Nothing too crazy but better than expected. They get Bama at home so hopefully they can win that one. Freeze will need to find a quarterback though to make it easier

Seems like he'd been all Auburn for awhile. It would be great if we could get a DB either in the portal or in Feb.

Not terribly worried about a safety. Those guys you can find. If it were a corner, then I'd be a little worked up....a little. Kids heart is in Auburn. So be it.

KingNico told y’all Auburn months ago
Weeks* this guy was all in on Tennessee after the Bama game. They slow played him though, and it’s going to end up biting them in this ass at a position of great need. Hopefully Gibson and Matthews live updates to or exceed expectations though and that Conyer can be a decent player

Isn’t Kaleb Webb his cousin? I could see Webb portaling to Auburn.

That’s one that wouldn’t shock me…it’s so easy to transfer now, kids are so impatient, we keep bringing in transfer WRs, Freezes O is WR friendly as well, Webb has ties there now…it certainly would be low on my shock meter

Weeks* this guy was all in on Tennessee after the Bama game. They slow played him though, and it’s going to end up biting them in this ass at a position of great need. Hopefully Gibson and Matthews live updates to or exceed expectations though and that Conyer can be a decent player

Do you have any data to support we went all in and prioritized this guy? On the board and at the top of the board can be two different things. Continuing to dance is one thing, daily calls, sending in the big guns for visits, etc. is another. What have you documented on this guy?

Obviously a talented guy, but is it possible there are enough guys higher up the board we elected to posture for the secondary market and not tie up one of our 85 slots this fall? That COULD explain the speed of our PLAY. Maybe the staff is confident they have our ass BETTER covered through the portal as late as the second period. Once again, do you have any facts to back up your DECLARATIVE statements of doom? HOPEFULLY you do (notice the sincere application of that word).

Kirby is on some mission to visit every or 100 high schools in the state of GA or something crazy. A really cool idea. I live down here so I have to deal with the barking and the St. Kirby of football praise non stop!!

Please Vols, beat them next year. I really need this! Haha

Kirby is on some mission to visit every or 100 high schools in the state of GA or something crazy. A really cool idea. I live down here so I have to deal with the barking and the St. Kirby of football praise non stop!!

Please Vols, beat them next year. I really need this! Haha
The barking is the most ridiculous thing I have ever been around. Just grown adults, out in public, barking at each other. Disturbing.

Mathews and Gibson are higher rated than Scott. I think both will do well here.

Mathews and Gibson are higher rated than Scott. I think both will do well here.
I think they will do great too, but I think Scott is better than every other DB we had and was better or just as good as Smith. He might even be better at the moment than Matthews, but Matthews May have more upside. Scott is going to be the real deal though

I think they will do great too, but I think Scott is better than every other DB we had and was better or just as good as Smith. He might even be better at the moment than Matthews, but Matthews May have more upside. Scott is going to be the real deal though
There may be reasons unknown to us why they didn't go all out for Scott. There are lots of things in recruiting that we aren't privy to.

There may be reasons unknown to us why they didn't go all out for Scott. There are lots of things in recruiting that we aren't privy to.
They were full at DB at the time. Smith decommitted at the last minute, but by that time, it was too late to get back in with Scott. Smith's flip to Auburn at the last minute screwed us.

But if we get Igbinosun to go with Jeudy-Lally, we'll be just fine.

If the coaching staff thought he was better than the rest of those guys….. we would have been pushing for him regardless of who we had committed.

Scott is a good player, but Matthews is a better CB.
So is Gibson.

Scott is more versatile. But we needed true CBs.

VN Store

Back