Georgia player dies

Even if she wasn’t this will be a law suit. Traveling over the speed limit transporting a student athlete at around 3am. Definitely will get uglier if she was drinking bc of the whole university employee drinking with athletes is a whole other can of worms but this will end up in a lawsuit regardless at this point.
Yes, will be a lawsuit purely because of university employee + university car + reckless driving. What they were doing before, even her sobriety status can make the situation even worse, but it is still a lawsuit without them.

I said earlier, I go to church with some family of the girl, close family. I've heard different things, but agree with you. Whatever the reason for the accident, it's a horrible situation that's left a lot of people heartbroken.
Lose a child and heartbroken doesn't begin to describe it.

I’ve walked out of TGIFridays a lot drunker than I have strip clubs but I suspect I was legally drunk either way.

Maybe the story shouldn’t have come out so soon but News don’t work that way.

Yes, there will be a sizable lawsuit or out of court settlement. NFL potential money is involved.

I don't get the gnashing of teeth of because it was a two staffers and two 20-something year-old grown men, ONE of whom was a student athlete (the other had already declared or was known to be declaring for the draft).

The cause? Initial reports she was driving too fast, wheel hit the curb or shoulder, and she lost control. We do not know if she was under the influence of something. I would suspect as tight as the ship is run there, a staffer would refrain from DUI knowing that it could well mean termination. My understanding is they have a well known policy to not drive under the influence and have people to call, but she could have had six tequila fanny-busters and thought tomatoes were fixing breakfast back at home (apologies to Bloom County).

Absolutely preventable. But crap happens and people die. A few inches difference several times in my life and friends and family would have been saying "it was so preventable," so while everyone is right about that, it could nothing more nefarious than driving beyond her capabilities to handle a car in the given circumstances. But I'm curious (seriously, no intent to be argumentative) what do you mean by "accounting?"
Purely just that all pertinent facts should come to light, in my opinion. If there’s anything at all in the policies and practices of the Georgia AD (or other AD’s) that can be feasibly tweaked to make incidents like this less likely, investigative reporting could go a long way to suss that out.

Also, I disagree on the subject of university employees hanging out with students in the wee hours of the morning. Completely inappropriate in my opinion.

I’m riding the fence on this one. Knowing they were at a strip club is absolutely relevant to the story, because it makes it pretty clear there was some exceptionally bad decision making going on by Georgia employees. If it’s me I’m sure as hell not taking any students, athlete or otherwise, out to a nudie bar with me.

On the other hand there are families who just lost their children. Frankly I wish some of the details had been kept private even if it means Georgia “gets off easy” or something, just so they can get through that impossible thing just a bit better. I’d rather they get the chance to deal with their grief without the whole thing aired out for all the world.

I’m riding the fence on this one. Knowing they were at a strip club is absolutely relevant to the story, because it makes it pretty clear there was some exceptionally bad decision making going on by Georgia employees. If it’s me I’m sure as hell not taking any students, athlete or otherwise, out to a nudie bar with me.

On the other hand there are families who just lost their children. Frankly I wish some of the details had been kept private even if it means Georgia “gets off easy” or something, just so they can get through that impossible thing just a bit better. I’d rather they get the chance to deal with their grief without the whole thing aired out for all the world.
I agree with this. Not a good look for staff and I’d bet money it has been addressed there and elsewhere as well.

Reactions: LadyVolette
When I first read about those involved, I was asking myself the same questions about University employees being with students. Loyalty to something/someone will get people's backs up when someone else starts asking the obvious and uncomfortable questions.
Ummhmm.. it is a tragedy and nobody os denying it, but when I said that NCAA/ SEC or whoever may want to take a closer look into the recruiting staffer roles, I got treated like a dog, by some Hilton Head dude and some other Vol fans.. it’s a valid point. We can can be sad and be rational at the same time

Last edited:
Ummhmm.. it is a tragedy and nobody os denying it, but when I said that NCAA/ SEC or whoever may want to take a closer look into the recruiting staffer roles, I got treated like a dog, by some Hilton Head dude and some other Vol fans.. it’s a valid point. We can can be sad and be rational at the same time
Imagine the outcry if it was a male recruiting coordinator and a couple female soccer recruits out at 2:30 in the morning!!! Heads would already be rolling. How long before the "toxicology report"? Does anyone honestly believe she wasn't drinking that night??? Kirby is in for a rough ride. Oh,and all of the sudden the NFL has come calling Kirby! Not a coincidence...

Imagine the outcry if it was a male recruiting coordinator and a couple female soccer recruits out at 2:30 in the morning!!! Heads would already be rolling. How long before the "toxicology report"? Does anyone honestly believe she wasn't drinking that night??? Kirby is in for a rough ride. Oh,and all of the sudden the NFL has come calling Kirby! Not a coincidence...
Toxicology information would be available by now.

Idk.. there but the grace of God go I, but We haven’t had problems like this with ours at UT, to my knowledge, they tend to take the job pretty seriously..(particularly since we had problems in our past with ‘fraternizing’) I can’t imagine Trey Smith’s sister going out to a club with the players (I’m sure I’m going to get dragged for that comment, but it’s true, she would not).. and leads me to question are they being instructed to do that? that is a whole new can of worms..it is very sad, and reminds to have some serious conversations with my two kiddos going off to college in the fall

Last edited:
Believe? I try to refrain from judgments on these kinds of things. There’s a few decent possibilities that she wasn’t drinking. Kirby will be fine if he keeps winning; it’s terrible what happened but idk that you can hang this on the head coach. Sometimes kids make bad judgements.

Believe? I try to refrain from judgments on these kinds of things. There’s a few decent possibilities that she wasn’t drinking. Kirby will be fine if he keeps winning; it’s terrible what happened but idk that you can hang this on the head coach. Sometimes kids make bad judgements.
Let's just say Georgia athletic department as a whole then. Glad it's not Tennessee...

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
Why is a “staffer” having sex, buying drinks and taking underage players to strip clubs
Given the circumstances, I won't try to speculate. Regardless, it's a senseless tragedy. What comes of this won't matter one bit to the families who lost their children. All this will eventually settle down and fade away for the internet minions. Those parents, however, will never see another day without tears and loss. Their very soul has been ripped from them. Life, as they once knew it, is forever changed. God bless them.

Why is a “staffer” having sex, buying drinks and taking underage players to strip clubs
Link to any of those things beyond maybe the last?

Youngest was 20. In Georgia there are 18+ strip clubs. At those places there is no alcohol, no idea about this particular location.

And I really think you pulled the s&x bit out of your butt.

The drinks are one thing, but the sex and strip clubs is perfectly legal, and between consenting adults (if there was sex involved). Those athletes were over 18.
I think what will be investigated, is with NIL I could buy a lap dance and drinks for the players but UGA is not permitted under current NCAA rules. Who picked up the tab?

Youngest was 20. In Georgia there are 18+ strip clubs. At those places there is no alcohol, no idea about this particular location.

The age requirement to get into toppers is 18. They do serve alcohol though.

The drinks are one thing, but the sex and strip clubs is perfectly legal, and between consenting adults (if there was sex involved). Those athletes were over 18.

IF there was sex involved (a very big IF) and it comes out, then Georgia is screwed.

Like it or not, even a "recruiting intern" is a university employee-theoretically in a position of authority over the players.

This isn't even bringing up the possibility of the radical feminists getting involved (to draw attention to themselves mostly).

They can just go ahead and keep those problems down in Athens. Here in Knoxville, the off-season is this far progressing quietly with no real issues (knock on wood)

You didn’t see the videos of them exiting huh? And what “analyzing” do you think these ladies did for recruiting 😂

It matters just because it unfortunately adds to the pile of bad ideas that were going on that night: School employee hanging out with students . . . late at night . . . at a strip club . . . using a car probably rented by the AD . . . driving reckless . . . etc. There are huge liability issues to sort out.
Yeah as soon as I saw the picture of girl as staffer and the players. I thought seems like the thing people said was bad idea back when Kiffin was using hostesses and schools basically having arranged girlfriends. It seemed like do whatever to make our players happy. Car is yours young lady and young man enjoy. The University is somewhat culpable not just for the damages but if their was a litigious way to be the NCAA equal of lack of institution control. Thats it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back