Top 25 discrepancy

You're probably right, it's ambitious, but a team that's 18-6 with a home win against UConn and a road win against LSU in the past week would belong there all the same. Or perhaps just at the door. Whatever. All I know is, they'd be showing bias beyond all belief if they kept them underranked in such a scenario.
If the LVs win their next two games, they will definitely get inside the top 15. LSU, ranked #2 (after Ohio St losing) and unbeaten, UConn, although missing their best shooters, are still very good and ranked #5. I would agree that it would have to be some kind of bias if they didn't climb that far. The question is, are they as good as everyone thought they would be in the preseason. Games with UConn, SC, and LSU will show everyone if they indeed are. The best time of the season is still to come, and these games will separate the imposters from the elite.

Need both, a split is nice but can't go 0-2 or the doubt of getting back under CKH will get cranked up.
I know the LSU game is more important big picture, but I wonder if the home game versus Uconn is more important to the voters…..They likely would give more slack for the road trip to LSU. If I was a LV fan however, and it had to be a split, I’d want the win in Baton Rouge.

Btw, hth is MTSU ranked?

Last edited:
I know the LSU game is more important big picture, but I wonder if the home game versus Uconn is more important to the voters…..They likely would give more slack for the road trip to LSU. If I was a LV fan however, and it had to be a split, I’d want the win in Baton Rouge.
Big picture I'd go with UConn to fans, win the game the voting won't matter. But lose to your biggest rival for 30 years when both are not at full strength on your home court and its another step back.

Btw, hth is MTSU ranked?

Nah. Backwards. Beating UConn is choice - if it's a split, I'd want Tennessee to beat UConn. LSU, sure, okay great, but I want Tennessee to beat UConn. And moreover, I do not want Tennessee to lose to UConn. I'm willing to bet you'd get about 95% of people here saying the same.

I
Nah. Backwards. Beating UConn is choice - if it's a split, I'd want Tennessee to beat UConn. LSU, sure, okay great, but I want Tennessee to beat UConn. And moreover, I do not want Tennessee to lose to UConn. I'm willing to bet you'd get about 95% of people here saying the same.
I get it…gl guys

For what it’s worth, I like the LV’s chances Thursday night, especially if you can force some foul trouble on them with your deeper bench. Jordy has to play of course, and Strip needs some quality play against Dorka defensively. Wonder who matches up with Edwards in the game? Probably not Sarah, maybe Franklin/Holl combo?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Anyone seen the tweets from Mid TN WBB? They will set your hair on fire.
I saw the tweet and compared them to new money

If you Have ever had friends that had wealth all their lives Compared to People who just came in to money it is dreadfully obvious they just came into money after being poor all their lives...

For what it’s worth, I like the LV’s chances Thursday night, especially if you can force some foul trouble on them with your deeper bench. Jordy has to play of course, and Strip needs some quality play against Dorka defensively. Wonder who matches up with Edwards in the game? Probably not Sarah, maybe Franklin/Holl combo?
Probably Rickea, assuming that she's on the court with Powell, Darby/Puckett, Horston, and a post.

Dorka, Edwards and Griffin will all be a handful inside.

I saw the tweet and compared them to new money

If you Have ever had friends that had wealth all their lives Compared to People who just came in to money it is dreadfully obvious they just came into money after being poor all their lives...
What do the tweets say?

No?
Per Massey...present rankings of the SEC teams...
View attachment 532654
every team is in the top 101 in the country
Every SEC team we have played has a winning overall record except Vandy/TAMU
View attachment 532655
After a 4-5 start,
and bottom of the SEC,,,we are in 3rd place
going through the SEC to do so on a 12-1 run
"Punk Negavols!"
I agree, we just haven’t beaten a top 25 team so far. But we will this week, when we beat UConn.

I suspect Tennessee being unranked is an overreaction to the traditional Tennessee bias, which often saw Tennessee "overranked" in the past five to ten years because of its name and legacy. Upon seeing a Tennessee that clearly didn't look ready to roll at the start of the year, voters have really leaned into "this Tennessee team's not that good" and kept running with it even though UT's straightened out a good bit. And they clearly don't think UT will win the UConn or LSU games, as evidenced by everyone keeping them in "receiving votes."

The real questions to me are these - will voters undercount a possible UT win this Thursday, and only begrudgingly nudge Tennessee into the 20-25 range? They'll say "oh UConn didn't have X or Y" and write it off, even in the face of a team that's 17-6 against the toughest schedule in the sport? I'm guessing that's what they'll do. Again - the Tennessee bias in action. Oh and of course leaving UConn in the top 10.

Heaven help them if UT were to pull off two successive upsets. What's the most a team has ever climbed in a week? You'd would have a hard time leaving an 18-6 UT out of the top 10 if they won their next two games. Not saying that's the likely outcome, just thinking about how much they'd have to over-correct their mistake if that were to happen. You'd go from unranked to 18th-20th to top 10 in five days. I'd love to see it, for obvious reasons.
This .Pure Truth.

To quote the great philosophers Timon and Pumbaa: "Hakuna Matata"

The LVs were obviously over ranked at the start of the season. The ranking presumed a healthy Key, that Pissott would be a plus factor from the get go,. That all the transfers would have a seamless transition into the team.

Illness takes out Key, Pissott needs some development time, Rickea hit a small bump in the transition road (but has otherwise been amazing), and Powell and Hollingshead just now seem to be finding their niches in the team. And Marta never got going the way folks had hoped and expected.

So, the LVs dropped a bunch of early games (including Gonzaga which turned on a phantom travel call against Jordan Horston, GRRRRR!!!!!)

But , here we are with the LVs on a 9 game win streak and undefeated in the SEC and just named ESPN’s women’s team of the week.

So, they have reclaiimed some national attention. It's like okay, we are looking now give us a reason to really believe y'all are the real deal.

In some ways, the LVs now control their own fate. Wins against Uconn and LSU would undeniably signal that their early season ranking may not have been wrong but premature. Then they need to keep winning in the SEC, though a single loss to SC, providing its a competitive game, would not hurt much. If they can do all that, they will be lurking around the top ten spot and probably be a 3 seed.

If they are not able to do all that, then they are what they are.

Reactions: Chippo and Raebo

VN Store

Back